Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a 2012 ZX10R for pretty much only trackdays. The condition of the sale is that the dealer must set up the bike for my weight, 220 lbs/100 kg. Does anyone know if this will require putting different springs in the forks and rear shock or can I set sag with the stock springs? Any help will be appreciated..thanks

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,341 Posts
The rear will almost definitely need to be resprung. The front should be OK.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Front springs are ideal for 205, so you shoul be able to set sag, but the rear shock sucks ass and you will crush that spring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
size, type and part number

Anyone have a size, type, and part number for a recommended rear spring with a 100 KG / 220 LBS rider for the 2012 ZX10R?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Depends on what you want. Type, brand, color, spring weight, etc. There probably isnt a perfect spring weight exactly for your weight, so youll end up with one slightly more or less stiff, but again that choice depends on you and your use.

Just contact a manufacterer and tell them what you want, and order it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i have a 2012.
the front fork spring is a 1Kg and the rear is a 9.7Kg.
I'm 85Kg's geared up for the track, the front is good but the back is not good even though the recomended spring rate for my weight is a 9.7Kg.
the race attack suspension link is apparently a good thing for them too reduces the leverage on the spring reducing the need for a stronger spring.
also the rebound in the shock is non existant.
for my 2 cents. take the stock shock out put it in the cupboard and put aftermarket in to suit your weight and riding style, and if ya sell the beast, put the stocker back in.be still all new

1 - 8 of 8 Posts