4,867 Posts
SkyDork!!!

Lol.

How much they want for it?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slip on is $1,100 and full system is around $2K. I don't like the cheap plastic rear hugger, shock cover and exhaust cover. Everything else is impressive.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
1. 2012 Ducati Panigale Standard (base model) has a MSRP price of $ 17,995
2. 2012 Ducati Panigale S with ABS have a MSRP price of $ 22,995
3. 2012 Ducati Panigale S Tricolore has an MSRP of $ 27,995 price

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
:drool:

·
Registered
541 Posts

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
So true! Only Duc I'd buy.
When I saw the 1098 and 1198 I fell in love, but it just wasn't affordible but looked and is an awesome bike.

When I saw this at the bike show last year and read up on all the serious tangible improvements and the look on this bike is BEYOND mesmorizing!

1) wet clutch. which now can last as long as regular bikes and doesn't need replacement as often as the dry

2) service intervals is now that of jap bikes, every 15k (even though it's till about 1k) MAJOR savings non the less

3) power to weight ratio for stock is RIDICULOUS!

4) they changed the engine cams so it revs way higher than the usual vtwins

5) I can just stair at it all day (at Starbucks obviously)

6) iPhone style gauge, nice.

7) pipe location, never an issue of scraping on canyons or track or burning a leg or that hottie on the back complaining

8) it's going to look BEYOND mesmorizing even 10 years from now

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
High price but has the marchesini wheels, ohlins suspension and brembo brakes. Add that to our kawi and the Ducati price is not that high. And it has a warranty. Awaiting BMW comments.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ducati's always looked good to me, but too many compromises for my tastes..comfort, reliability, maintanance costs, top-end power, etc.. until now! I want this bike!! I'm trying to be patient and waiting for the real-world reviews come in and recalls if any, so I have no regrets! I will continue to ride my 04 with 50k mi cuz I still love it and will keep it until she gives up the ghost!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Finally.
A company that tucks the exhaust, stock.
All these HUGE exhausts on newer bikes are so ugly to me.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
The bike isn't even close to 195 hp. On one of the Ducati forums the 1199s made 173hp forget the torque number was at least 85 ft lbs but don't hold me to that. That was with a full system and tune.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
They must have forgot to flip the DESMO switch on the ECU from OFF to ON. err, whatever :lol: Still a badass bike, MUCH improved which is saying alot since the 1098/1198 were awesome, and beautiful!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Italians and electronics not a good marriage and the panigale has a lot of it even the suspension on the S is managed by the electronics, now audi has bought it it will be the good of both worlds italian design and german virtue. Nonetheless a very awesome bike that will become an icone like the 916 and 1098 !

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Italians and electronics not a good marriage and the panigale has a lot of it even the suspension on the S is managed by the electronics, now audi has bought it it will be the good of both worlds italian design and german virtue. Nonetheless a very awesome bike that will become an icone like the 916 and 1098 !
So Aprilia and their fantastic APRC are not good? That's the standard in electronic right now.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts