Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice that the closer we get to 2012, more and more shit keeps happening?? Check out nostradamus' predictions...hes been very accurate of everything that hes predicted.. Just kinda wanted to see your guys' thoughts on 2012. I dont think the world is just gonna up and end but maybe a dramatic climate change. Every major extinction was the result of a massive climate change. but who knows, it may just be another Y2K.:dontknow:

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
There's no telling man, i just figure why worry about it till it's here..nothing we (I) can do right now to change it so we'll see what happens i guess?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was watching on the history channel that the mayan calender isnt the only one that points to the 2012 date. i guess several other religious calenders point to it also. i just get into this kinda stuff, its very interesting to me.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Why worry about? So you can spend from now until 2012 worried? Nah, I'll live my life and enjoy my time NOW.
:+1:....Exactly...I mean i see and watch ALOT of those shows and they even say that the mayan calender can still predict solar and lunar eclipe's to this day and other strange shit BUT why loose sleep over it? not that i havn't or don't think about it. just don't dwell on it is all.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
i was watching on the history channel that the mayan calender isnt the only one that points to the 2012 date. i guess several other religious calenders point to it also. i just get into this kinda stuff, its very interesting to me.
its funny because everyone thinks that because the myan calender ends on some date in 2012 that means the worlds going to end. What Ive heard is the myans used a rotating calender...it just means the time just starts all over again.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Why worry about? So you can spend from now until 2012 worried? Nah, I'll live my life and enjoy my time NOW.
Agreed completely!

I've heard the whole "the Mayan calendar ends in 2012 bit... Not sure about the other ones and religions, maybe they just followed the Mayans..

My whole thing is the Mayan calendar was started however long ago. The guy that was the one making the calendars probably either got sick of it and stop, or just died and everyone figured they had 100s of years of calendar laid out already, why bother furthering it?

Disclaimer: I have no credible knowledge of Mayan society or history, nor is this based of any known facts... Just something that ran through that crazy head of mine, so if you go and disprove it I really don't care.

·
Registered
635 Posts
If your that worried about it, dig yourself a shelter 30ft underground and start stocking it. Other than that why bring yourself down(and others around you) by getting all worked up about some 300 year old rumor????

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for one, im not worried it, just wanted to see what everyones opinions were....for fucks sake...

·
Registered
874 Posts
its going to be Y2K all over again... Mass hysteria and nothing happens

·
Registered
451 Posts
its an interesting subject to say the least. did you happen to watch the Jesse Ventura: Conspiracy Theory episode on 2012? it brings more science into the topic than simply a mayan calendar. you might want to check it out, its pretty wild.

it talks about the Denver airport (which i happened to pass thru on a flight to Utah about 2 hours prior to watching the episode) & bunkers that billionaires are building in kansas & other places to try & survive.

curious to hear your thoughts after you watch it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is there somewhere i can download it or stream it? sounds interesting

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it wants me to play friggin frogger and dwnload shit to my PC, ill try to bit torrent it tomorrow. its about my bed time, i gotta get up at 445 am to go to work...bleh thanks for the link, at least i got the title now :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
its funny because everyone thinks that because the myan calender ends on some date in 2012 that means the worlds going to end. What Ive heard is the myans used a rotating calender...it just means the time just starts all over again.
This. Its the same as saying the world is going to end on Dec 31 at 11:59.59. I mean seriously? I am even religious and believe that the end will be coming soon, but not on December 21 at 12:21. Thats just dumb.

:heyyou:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I told my g/f we cant have a kid be4 2012 for the sole purpose of if the world goes to shit we dont want to bring a kid into the world if its going to end ya know

1 - 20 of 36 Posts