Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just been on fastbikes uk mag website and they have run the bikes back to back on the same dyno and the zx10r comes out on top for power it is 175 and bmw 171 at back wheel the power curves are almost identical exept for the zx power drops of at around 13000rpm where as the bmw keeps going til 14000rpm ish the zx is a euro model and i dont think it is run in yet wich might exsplain the power drop off but all these 190 to 200 bhp figures for the beemer seem to be proven wrong or the dynos arent calibrated properly the only other back to back run ive seen is on u tube but is paid for by bmw for propaganda puposes and its not a full run as the american zx is neuterd for that market but the zx still doesnt loose by much so that should keep the bmw owners quiet for a bit just cant wait to get my zx on march 1st now

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
just been on fastbikes uk mag website and they have run the bikes back to back on the same dyno and the zx10r comes out on top for power it is 175 and bmw 171 at back wheel the power curves are almost identical exept for the zx power drops of at around 13000rpm where as the bmw keeps going til 14000rpm ish the zx is a euro model and i dont think it is run in yet wich might exsplain the power drop off but all these 190 to 200 bhp figures for the beemer seem to be proven wrong or the dynos arent calibrated properly the only other back to back run ive seen is on u tube but is paid for by bmw for propaganda puposes and its not a full run as the american zx is neuterd for that market but the zx still doesnt loose by much so that should keep the bmw owners quiet for a bit just cant wait to get my zx on march 1st now
:+1: that Beemer doesn't stand a chance against the the new 10! Not only is the power roughly the same but I was at the motorcycle show yesterday and that 10 felt like a damn 600!!! So low and light I couldn't believe it!! Then I sat on the s1k and the thing felt like a damn dinosaur!! No jokes either, I was on the fence about the new 10 until I seen it in person and sat on it!!

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Nice :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
85 Posts
stream of consciousness stuff there...

do you rock back and forth compulsively by any chance? any good at quadratic equations? are you convinced Star Trek is a documentary?

:wink:

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
stream of consciousness stuff there...

do you rock back and forth compulsively by any chance? any good at quadratic equations? are you convinced Star Trek is a documentary?

:wink:
Dude you could post the "time" and someone would take issue with it...

Over the last few years there are a few new members who joined this site and they wake up everyday to find fault with something. They call them trolls or something...

Just ignore them most of the members are very cool!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dude you could post the "time" and someone would take issue with it...

Over the last few years there are a few new members who joined this site and they wake up everyday to find fault with something. They call them trolls or something...

Just ignore them most of the members are very cool!

take it easy chief, was only joking...

im certainly not new, im a member since 2004

besides, im usually the one the trolls jump on :thumbsup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't care how Pete wrote it, I care about what he wrote :helmet:

Cheers Kawasaki, now get some aftermarket stuff going :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
326 Posts
srsly Shant,everyone else stfu bout ppls grammer its like the second post on all the discussions.

btw awesome go green! i want new 2011 so bad!

·
Registered
110 Posts
wasn't even notice the posting's in 1 sentence since i was pre-occupied with what he wrote :)

then again this is a pretty good news backed with evidence - the new 10 is proven to be better than 1krr

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
First, check again the graphs from 8k-11k, Hp and Tq.
Second , some beemers do put out alot. Why :dontknow:

Also some professional riders tested both in the track, i think Superbikes?
Interesting review.

·
Registered
406 Posts
the comparo of the 2 bikes in aust the zx lost out to the beemer pretty much all round, less hp and torque and the traction control not as good. Seen both on track on the weekend at recent trackday and they both seemed to exit corners pretty good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Second , some beemers do put out alot. Why :dontknow:
I think once you get used to the fact that not all dynos are calibrated exactly the same, (plus the fact that factors such as air temperature, humidity, and even altitude, etc. comes into play when affecting dyno results), then you'll accept why they seem to "put out alot". This is why everyone has been clamoring for back-to-back runs, as it'll give a better comparison.

That said, BMWs are definitely beasts, and so is the new 10r. One of the bikes have more potential than I can possibly use, and the other bike - even more so.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't know about that, mcn had a back to back test over a week here in uk with all the bikes and about six testers, zx10r came third and was down on power on both the beemer and the blade. See if you can get your hands on a copy it was an extensive review.By the way i am not a troll i just accept reality, reality is beemers over here put down 190-194 rwhp. The new zx10r is a good bike but in the uk people are dissapointed. At the end of the day if you were hoping for a bike that would be king then its a big fat fail ! If you were hoping for a vastley improved zx10r then success !:wink:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts