Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2011 ZX10R vs 2013 HP4 DYNO

Both bikes where dynoed back to back the same day. The HP4 was dynoed first.

2011 Kawasaki has an Attack Performance Race ECU, Race CAMS, Graves full titanium exhaust, ceramic wheel bearings, BMC air filter, 520 chain. Produced 195HP.

2013 BMW HP4 had 811 miles on it and the mods include BMC air filter, ceramic wheel bearings, 520 chain and 17F/45R sprockets, Brock's Performance full titanium exhaust. This bike didn't have a custom tune yet. Produced 197HP.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If I ever buy a bike that's not a Kawasaki it will be the S1000rr they are nasty for sure

·
Registered
410 Posts
Both nice bikes and the zx10 is a great buy. You can 2 for the price of the hp4 now. Lol

I have a HP4 and I can verify its a beast. And no tune yet? Wow. A bit more to maintain though.

Where did he get his 520 rear sprocket for the HP4? I can't find one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The HP4 is 30k though. LOL

A 2011 zx10r can be had for 11k out the door new.

I owned an s1000rr. Nice bike yes. But has reliability issues and parts are ridiculous.

Its nice to see a zx10 producing almost as much hp with a few bolt on mods.

Plus this is the cream of the crop HP4 too. Way high line bike. It is hella nice though. No bike is 30k nice though. One wreck and its toast.

Im feeling even better about getting a zx10r now. Cant wait to uncork it!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Thanks for the comparison. I would have loved to have seen stock for stock with a de-restricted 10R.

Both nice bikes and the zx10 is a great buy. You can 2 for the price of the hp4 now. Lol

I have a HP4 and I can verify its a beast. And no tune yet? Wow. A bit more to maintain though.

Where did he get his 520 rear sprocket for the HP4? I can't find one.
And you have to buy the BMW tool kit too I believe if you want to work on it. Which is also big bucks.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If I were to dump $30K into a bike, it would be for a panigale R, not a HP4. The Panigale is more fun and involving to ride. Plus it looks 100x better.

ZX10 still the best bang for the buck.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
If I were to dump $30K into a bike, it would be for a panigale R, not a HP4. The Panigale is more fun and involving to ride. Plus it looks 100x better.

ZX10 still the best bang for the buck.
All ZX10Rs are the best Bang for the Buck Period you can not go as fast for little money. :wink::mrgreen:

Who is giving out the Negative Rep to the OP? He went from one Negative Box now has 2 :badteeth: and no it wasn't me :dontknow: I thought it was a good post shows how close the Kawi is. :dontknow:

bloo

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Still, if i had to choose one of these it would be my 10r, for sure

·
Registered
370 Posts
All ZX10Rs are the best Bang for the Buck Period you can not go as fast for little money. :wink::mrgreen:

Who is giving out the Negative Rep to the OP? He went from one Negative Box now has 2 :badteeth: and no it wasn't me :dontknow: I thought it was a good post shows how close the Kawi is. :dontknow:

bloo
no negative rep from me.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
no negative rep from me.
I don't know what's going on I have given negative to this OP in the past as his Threads seem to want to start trouble on this site I don't think this is one of them :dontknow:.....if the OP ever comes back and tells his story and reason I may give some Positive Rep back not sure he cares though. :badteeth:

bloo

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Bloo in a BMW thread? Nooooo..say it isn't so. Howdy bro. :hello: I found me a cop hater thread to watch. We're both having good days! :helmet:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Bloo in a BMW thread? Nooooo..say it isn't so. Howdy bro. :hello: I found me a cop hater thread to watch. We're both having good days! :helmet:
Howdy Bro....I am not such a BMW hater I learned it's an amazing machine but 30k worth and Top Dog well I will venture most Gen 4 owners will disagree. :wink::mrgreen: as for Cops I love the one's we have here mad respect some of them deal with much more than some of our Military overseas :badteeth: ...see the SBK thread If you want to see if I am having a good day.:idea:

Bloo

·
Registered
410 Posts
My HP4 was 21k. Competition model is more but nowhere near 30k!!!

The comp model doesn't have any better performance. Just more bling and carbon.

Plus you can drill out the cat an have true full akra already. Quickshifter. Launch control. 200 rear tire. SELF adjusting damping. 190+ HP. Lightweight wheels. 14 levels of traction control. 4 power modes. Probably the lighest ABS equipped liter bike. Tons of shit. Is it worth 21k? If people are buying them then they are.

And it still says BMW on it. Which means much higher resale. The zx10 is probably the smarter choice no doubt. But I still fuckin love this BMW.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Who needs 14 levels of traction control, most of us ether have none or off or setting 1.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
My HP4 was 21k. Competition model is more but nowhere near 30k!!!

The comp model doesn't have any better performance. Just more bling and carbon.

Plus you can drill out the cat an have true full akra already. Quickshifter. Launch control. 200 rear tire. SELF adjusting damping. 190+ HP. Lightweight wheels. 14 levels of traction control. 4 power modes. Probably the lighest ABS equipped liter bike. Tons of shit. Is it worth 21k? If people are buying them then they are.

And it still says BMW on it. Which means much higher resale. The zx10 is probably the smarter choice no doubt. But I still fuckin love this BMW.
Add in taxes, and if you are not paying in cash, add in financing over the term! It all adds up plus the tool kit that you have to buy for it too.

I was going to buy one, because I really do think they are one sexy machine. Then I just thought to myself it wasnt worth the money, and I wouldn`t want to put so many km`s on that bike either. I would rather have my ZX-10r and 750 for less than the price of 1 HP4 heh.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts