Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Group,

I am documenting my race bike build and figured I would share. I will try to get as many pictures as possible and share my findings.

Today I received the Ohlins 30 cartridges kit (.95 springs), Ohlins TTX shock (.90 spring) and the Steering Damper upgrade kit. Parts came from Superbike Supply, quick delivery and a great deal. The Damper and Fork will got to the tuner this weekend.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where are you going to be tracking this thing?
I will put a FaceBook page/area together early next week, I will share the link. I will continue posting here as well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kawasaki Lime Green paint has been ordered today from Color Rite. They are a licensed producer of many OEM colors. Product Sku 3051, MFG Code 617. Pint of base and Quart of reducers will do up 2 sets nicely.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will continue to post here but if you want to follow it all season look up our Facebook page at Kahuna Powersports Project Zx-10R

Bike was picked up on Saturday. Damper has been removed and will be shipped out today for rebuild/updating.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
hell yea man, those are some really nice looking aftermarket bits!

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,532 Posts
Good stuff man..i will be watching..

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Hey Group,

I am documenting my race bike build and figured I would share. I will try to get as many pictures as possible and share my findings.

Today I received the Ohlins 30 cartridges kit (.95 springs), Ohlins TTX shock (.90 spring) and the Steering Damper upgrade kit. Parts came from Superbike Supply, quick delivery and a great deal. The Damper and Fork will got to the tuner this weekend.

If your going to do it do it right , if your gonna play , play to win ..Thats what my papa always told me .. Looks like your on your way .. Good Choice !!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The current confirmed plan is:

(1) Ohlins Suspension - Shock, Cartridge kit, Fork Springs and Damper Rebuild.

(2) Race Fairing will be shipped out from Armour Bodies in the next days. Their Superbike tail will not be ready for a few more weeks so they will follow later. We will start with a Super Sport tail for testing and the first race round.

(3) Exhaust is on it's way from Yoshimura. 3/4 system in Carbon.

(4) Tuning will be handled by a Module reflash and Bazzaz with Autotune for fine tuning at the track and the Quick Shifter Function.

(5) Case covers will be from Yoshimura

(6) Clip-ons will be from WoodCraft-CFM

(7) Rear sets will be from WoodCraft-CFM these are currently in production.

(7) I have a EvoTech Exhaust Hanger being delivered today

(8) Spin off Gas Cap from Vortex

(9) Sprocket 16,17 and 38,39,40 are coming from Vortex

(10) Adjustable Clutch lever will be from Vortex

(11) Brake Master and Lines will be from Accossato/Galfer

(12) Tank pads from TechSpec Gripsters

(13) Paint and Graphics will be done with a painter friend. I have a cutter plotter. The style will be very much like the WSK Kawasaki

(14) Race Air Filter TBD. Likely a K/N

(15) Race Windscreens TBD. Likely Zero Gravity

(16) Frame Sliders and Spools will either be Yoshimura or WoodCraft-CFM

(17) SMOG Block off plate are in from SuperBike Supply

(18) We will obtain an APE Manual Cam Tensioner

(19) Chain will likely be RK

(20) We will be running Motul 3000V

Motor will be stock to start.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts