Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ricky gadson just posted this timeslip on his facebook "this is what the new zx-10r is capable of with an average joe rider and very little mods like removing the catalatic convertor and removing the secondary butterflies.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
152mph is freakin movin! Everyone with a 4th gen needs to remove those secondaries. This trap speed and et should finalize that arguement. Lots of potential in this bike. Stretch it,strap it,full exhaust, gear it and I bet 8's are not a problem along with those seconsaries out. Gadson knows his Kawasakis like no other.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
not a big drag racing fan but that is still bad ass :smile:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ricky gadson just posted this timeslip on his facebook "this is what the new zx-10r is capable of with an average joe rider and very little mods like removing the catalatic convertor and removing the secondary butterflies.
sweet!! 1.68 60ft is no where near avg rider though.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet!! 1.68 60ft is no where near avg rider though.
When I was racing stock wheelbase I was getting in the 1.69s about my 5th time to the track...

Considering ricky gadson can hit 1.51s and better stockwheelbase, I would say its average for you weekend dragracer.

Your average RIDER wont be able to get that on there first time to the strip but with a few trips, probably would get close.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Ricky Gadson is an "average joe rider" just like Ben Spies is an "average joe rider". Different field of experience, perhaps, but not exactly the "average joe" ...

Skinny lightweight riders have a huge advantage, too.

At test and tune days around here, the "average riders" and "average bikes" - Stock wheelbase stock ride height no stretch no lowering no strap no silly gearing no nothing - are doing more like 1.9 60-ft times (that includes me) and I have trouble keeping the front down even at that ...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im pretty sure they lowered and strapped the bike....the way his facebook post sounded was that it wasn't him on the bike.

I consider myself an average rider and when I first started stockwheelbase I was having trouble keeping the wheel down and was 60 footing 1.89s, bit then I learned how to be smoother and smoother with the clutch and got those times down in the 1.6s without the front wheel even leaving the ground...

I'm more impressed with the mph of the bike than the time, like you said we don't know the weight of the rider. If his 180 pounds then the mph is impressive, if he's 125 then it may not be so impressive.

You can have a 1.9 60' and your mph is not going to change all that much, you will acually make more mph with the slower 60'

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
to do high 1.50s 60ft on stock wheel base bike is hard as hell! The guy that was riding the new 2011 zx10r is either not a drag racer or the bike wasnt lowered and strapped!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
yea im pretty sure the bike was lowered and strap but still good times for a brandnew bike with nobody making any performance parts for it yet and buy lookin at that mph the new 10's are makin some crazy power, now who's going to get one.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
how do you figure, instead of rear wheel slip or wheelies I'd figure it would be more controlled???

have they posted the results between traction control mode?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
bike goes slower with tc on.
Maybe on some of the Arcaic systems, like the Bimmers or Duc's I can buy it, but I think the Kawis is advanced enough that it'd help more than hurt, as I have heard it is damn near transparent to the rider and just flat out works

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Ricky Gadson is an "average joe rider" just like Ben Spies is an "average joe rider". Different field of experience, perhaps, but not exactly the "average joe" ...

Skinny lightweight riders have a huge advantage, too.

At test and tune days around here, the "average riders" and "average bikes" - Stock wheelbase stock ride height no stretch no lowering no strap no silly gearing no nothing - are doing more like 1.9 60-ft times (that includes me) and I have trouble keeping the front down even at that ...
Ricky was NOT riding the bike...Here is what he posted on psychobike..

I received a call today from a friend in Puerto Rico who called ecstatic about the results of some early dyno'ing and race track performance. About a week ago he picked up his new ZX10 which he had been hounding me for my opinion since he owns 2 turbo ZX14's and rides one on the street all the time cause he no longer had a stock street bike. With little to no miles he takes the bike to the track, rides the bike himself and only goes 9.7's after lowering the bike and running it just as he got it with 1.7 60fts.
After taking it to the Dyno to try and seek more power, they were dissapointed to see 155hp to the rear wheel. After researching the problem.....itturned out he had been racing it in MODE 1, and by switching the mode selector to the race position and removing the cats, and the secondary butterflies ..........IT WOKE UP!!!!!

AS YOU CAN SEE, the bike is still restricted by RPM. Thats is 11,500 rpm and the bike will rev and make hp up to 13600 with the kit ecu, which I was told would be another 10hp.
The guy who owned the Dyno says his Dyno reads low and a ZX14 with same mods make 165hp on his Dyno.

After dyno runs they go back to the drag and put a rider on the bike that has never ridden a stock wheelbase bike and never foot shifted, so they put 15 pounds on the front of the bike and posted some wheelie fighting runs but still managed to go 9.44 152 with a 1.68 60ft and a 4.23 330ft which is terribly slow, but still managed to go 6.23 in the 1/8th.........all i can say is WOW!

That is what he posted on psychobike...

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Looks very promising!

the secondary's alone will net you 12hp and the exhaust a few more, going to be awesome to see what times they can pull outta them!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Looks very promising!

the secondary's alone will net you 12hp and the exhaust a few more, going to be awesome to see what times they can pull outta them!

very promising..! I cant wait to see a kit ECU or something else that lets it go to 13600, and just let it EAT..!! LoL

1 - 20 of 56 Posts