Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being around racing circles sometimes you get an early scoop on what the factories are doing or thinking about doing . A bird wouldnt tell me but hinted that the 2011 ZX10 is going in a new direction . instead of trying to up the ante in the horsepower wars . They are going to revamp the ZX10 focusing on making the bike .. rider friendly.. The 2011 ZX10 is to be the cutting edge in electronic suspension, traction comtrol and launch control . Even the ECU is to be programed to be inter twined with the all the electronic suspention and traction controls .More or less a twist and go handling package so even the mediocre rider can look like a star on track days .
Its makes sence . I know we have all heard this for years but I think the horsepower wars has hit the limit.How much more HP can you use,95% of the people can use the power they have now! Realistically even for the EXPERT rider . The BMW having 183 RWHP and the ZX10 having 170RWHP makes NO differance if the bike doesnt have the handling to go with it .Come spring you will be suprised at track days to find the expert riders bought bikes because of good handling like the Aprilla RSV4 at 160 RWHP ( if the have money lol) or the Buell 1125Rat 145RWHP( pipe and ECU and 6000$ new alot of track riders snatched them up already)
Both bikes are 40-50 hp down . But they will be running faster lap times .
THATS HOW MUCH THE RIDER AND HANDLING MAKE A DIFFERANCE !

AS far as having the next best thing to a MotoGP/WSB in cutting edge electronic suspension systems . I must be old fashioned or just plain getting old lol. But when I shave a 1/2 second off my lap times . It feels good to know it was ME who shaved off time . NOT the electronic controls doing it for me .

What do you guys think? would you like the twist and go suspension units ?
A person would look like the new superstar at the track OR riding with your buddies in the twisties .

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
honestly, you can have a 95 or newer sportbike with suspension/tires setup for you and still whup ass at the track.

I know my track tuned 10R (2008) is gonna stay with me for a good few years; all these new bikes that come out every year is marketed so YOU WANT to go out and get it. None of it matters unless you are in the competitive circuit or want the latest fad (not necessarily the greatest)

Now on your topic, I personally, because of my riding wants and needs, would like a bike that focuses on handling and not outright power, because outright power is uncontrollable and stupid without electronics. I dont ride on the road at all, so my focus is on performance. Not sure what all the electronic suspy stuff will offer, but a BPF would be nice to get things started. And I really hope Kawi doesnt put a weak-ass rear shock again in combo with an awesome front fork.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Being around racing circles sometimes you get an early scoop on what the factories are doing or thinking about doing . A bird wouldnt tell me but hinted that the 2011 ZX10 is going in a new direction . instead of trying to up the ante in the horsepower wars . They are going to revamp the ZX10 focusing on making the bike .. rider friendly.. The 2011 ZX10 is to be the cutting edge in electronic suspension, traction comtrol and launch control . Even the ECU is to be programed to be inter twined with the all the electronic suspention and traction controls .More or less a twist and go handling package so even the mediocre rider can look like a star on track days .
Its makes sence . I know we have all heard this for years but I think the horsepower wars has hit the limit.How much more HP can you use,95% of the people can use the power they have now! Realistically even for the EXPERT rider . The BMW having 183 RWHP and the ZX10 having 170RWHP makes NO differance if the bike doesnt have the handling to go with it .Come spring you will be suprised at track days to find the expert riders bought bikes because of good handling like the Aprilla RSV4 at 160 RWHP ( if the have money lol) or the Buell 1125Rat 145RWHP( pipe and ECU and 6000$ new alot of track riders snatched them up already)

AS far as having the next best thing to a MotoGP/WSB in cutting edge electronic suspension systems . I must be old fashioned or just plain getting old lol. But when I shave a 1/2 second off my lap times . It feels good to know it was ME who shaved off time . NOT the electronic controls doing it for me .

A person would look like the new superstar at the track OR riding with your buddies in the twisties .
I think we sorta already got this with the 600's no? so called user friendly because of lower power? Also it seems to me that the biggest difference between the so-so guys and the fast guys is braking and corner entry not sure were hp management is going to help there, now corner exit is another story:) I do agree that the next great area of improvement is going to the be making the power/handling more user friendly.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
the 09 6R is actually quite the bike! Kawi hit it off wi/ advanced suspension matched wi/ class leading horsepower > I hope the 2011 10R can follow in it's tracks!

·
Banned
1,056 Posts

More rider friendly? Sounds more like on 09 R1 than a ZX-10. And the gawds truth is, the "rider friendliness" people perceive of the 09 R1 comes from less power and engine management. Sounds exactly like what you describe.

NOT what I want.

I am considering testing one of the Bemmers, but if I buy, it will be without all the electronic gadgetry because I ride on the street, don't need Traction Control and ABS.

Thus the reason I sold off all my stock items modded on my 08 as I plan to keep her for a few years.

Sometime around next June|July rumors and photo chops should begin. Should be fun waiting and watching.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NOTE : The person I was talking to is usually spot on . But DO NOT take this as Gospel ! In these economic times nothing is certain in any case .

Tittermary this new electronic system is supposed to cover it all. Corner entry, midcorner speed/traction, exit speed traction .. the whole 9 yards . ITS NOT MY CUP OF TEA . But for the general public , its a great idea and a step in the right direction .
This is a performance package that the masses will ACTUALLY use . When was the last time that happened lol.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
So with all these electronics we are looking at 25-35,000?

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
So with all these electronics we are looking at 25-35,000?
I wouldn't think so. The BMW S1000R has all or most of what's described already, and it's not at an extraordinary price tag. The Japanese will have to at least come close to what the Germans have done.

It wouldn't surprise me if the original post is not far off the mark.

Regarding the extra stuff diluting the riding experience ... the BMW has one important thing, an "off" button for the traction control. That way, you can do your wheelies and stunts when you want, and when doing the routine motoring about town, you have the ABS available if some idiot cager does something dumb.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
im sure kawi and all the other big OEM's are working hard to make some cool next gen bikes.

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
Im sure they are too, i just dont think i can wait that long. I feel the need to buy my next bike now lol...its so pretty i cant resist. Its like a butter vanilla cream cake with hot fudge icing oozing off it with vanilla ice cream on top and its just sitting there in front you...your gonna eat it. This is how im feeling about the 1198S.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I have a feeling as the years go by there are going to bikes that come out every 2-4 years that we will all just be drooling over and the only thing that will keep us from buying a new bike every season is self restraint. May God have mercy on our souls.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
i have a feeling as the years go by there are going to bikes that come out every 2-4 years that we will all just be drooling over and the only thing that will keep us from buying a new bike every season is self restraint. May god have mercy on our souls.
:+1:

·
Registered
451 Posts
:headshake
Have you guys seen the bikes in an advanced class on a trackday? A lot are are older bikes, some newer. They come in a lot of different makes and models. Different displacements. Bikes that wouldn't get a second glance on most general motorcycling forums. I talking about a zx-7r going by you on the brakes into a corner like you were standing still.

And they'll ALL RUN CIRCLES around you on your pretty new top o the line bike with the Ohlins this and BST that and Brembo that. :rolleyes:

Don't kid yourself that you can make yourself faster by buying a "better" bike.

And don't fall for the scam of buying the "next best thing" every 3 years. Unless spending money makes you happy.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Akkord it may sound nuts but I bought about 20 bikes this year ended up keeping 9. Each one excells in there class In an area handling , speed , versitlility then worked them with the best parts available . (2 purely for racing ) This way I wont have to buy anouther bike for a decade or so .

Jason32 the Kawasaki H2 750 will still be a cool bike 50 years from now

1 - 20 of 198 Posts