Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one yet? Are there pins that need to be changed. We have one for our bike and it wont start with it installed.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Has anyone installed one yet? Are there pins that need to be changed. We have one for our bike and it wont start with it installed.
Is the fuel pump priming for 3 seconds when you turn on the ignition.. I had the same problem when I installed a race ecu ony 3rd gen... I ended up having to run a relay using a ignition wire as a on switch....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No The fuel pump doesnt run. Did you use the exsisting relay in the juction box or use a totally different relay?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I can tell all the euro bikes have an imobilizer system on it and the US spec bikes dont. I have to figure out how to bypass that system.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I used a separate relay... I suggest you do this ...take 12v from the battery jump it onto the fuel pump and try and start the bike...this will tell you whether it's just the fuel pump not turning on which is a easy fix or whether it's more than that...I have the service manual for that bike if you need..

·
Registered
206 Posts
I used a separate relay... I suggest you do this ...take 12v from the battery jump it onto the fuel pump and try and start the bike...this will tell you whether it's just the fuel pump not turning on which is a easy fix or whether it's more than that...I have the service manual for that bike if you need..
euro bikes have the immo system. requires you to use the key, and dash from the original bike. Much easier to simply reflash the us version to euro files

·
Banned
262 Posts
euro bikes have the immo system. requires you to use the key, and dash from the original bike. Much easier to simply reflash the us version to euro files
What kind of turn airund time fo you to ship the ECU from US to Europe, get it flashed and sent back?

·
Registered
881 Posts
From what I can tell all the euro bikes have an imobilizer system on it and the US spec bikes dont. I have to figure out how to bypass that system.

I don't think you can bypass that system as the ECU will try to find a matching signal from the immo. Even if you get the fuel pump to prime the bike will crank but it won't start...

You can always send your ECU to get flashed with the EU spec maps but without the immo function,that's what I'd do...

edit: I just saw this post. +1

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
If the pins of the 2 ECU's are the same then he can reprogram it to anything he like EU, US etc. Depending on how the s/w is written, maybe he just needs to reflash one area of the chip only (s/w code only, not map tables).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts