Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is this true?
I'm looking up the rear rotor from my 2011 ZX10 and compared the part number to 2004/2005 model ZX10's rear rotor and it's the same 41080.

Can anyone else please confirm?
Thank you.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,619 Posts
Kawasaki part numbers are 5 digit identifiers followed by a 4 digit number. What you've posted is not a complete number. And no, they aren't the same:

2011 Rear Rotor: Part number 41080-0211
2005 Rear Rotor: Part number 41080-0040

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kawasaki part numbers are 5 digit identifiers followed by a 4 digit number. What you've posted is not a complete number. And no, they aren't the same:

2011 Rear Rotor: Part number 41080-0211
2005 Rear Rotor: Part number 41080-0040

Thanks for the follow-up.
I saw the 4 digit extension and it goes from the 04/05 all the way to 2010 models. the 0211 starts on the 2011's and I though that just associated the year range.
Thanks for checking as well, but can you explain the difference in the part?
Different diameter or thickness?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,619 Posts
Thanks for the follow-up.
I saw the 4 digit extension and it goes from the 04/05 all the way to 2010 models. the 0211 starts on the 2011's and I though that just associated the year range.
Thanks for checking as well, but can you explain the difference in the part?
Different diameter or thickness?
ALL Kawasaki part numbers are 9 digits in length. There's nothing specific about the date range on them. And I say 9 digits for mechanical, no painted parts. Painted have additional numbering to identify color coding and accessories are different as well.

I honestly have no idea what the differences are. Could be thickness, diameter, offset, drilling pattern, bolt spacing, bolt hole opening, material used, etc. There's too many variables to know for sure.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again SkyDork.

If anyone else might know the actual difference in the 04/05 rear-rotors compared to the 2011 rear-rotors please let me know. My goal is to find out whether I can use an 04/05 ZX10 rear-rotor on my 2011 ZX10.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
The difference is that the previous Gen rear rotors have recessed bolt holes. Since the Gen4 uses the WSS ring the holes are not recessed as the ring sits flat on the rotor. So in theory the rotor should work, you'll just be torquing the ring down on a recessed hole.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply.

The difference is that the previous Gen rear rotors have recessed bolt holes. Since the Gen4 uses the WSS ring the holes are not recessed as the ring sits flat on the rotor. So in theory the rotor should work, you'll just be torquing the ring down on a recessed hole.
Thanks dudewhrsmybike, I was thinking the same thing looking at the fiche but wasn't sure if any clearence issues from the bolt heads hitting pads, caliper or swingarm. Was thinking could throw a washer on each bolt and shuld work. My only other concern was spacing affected from the recessed whole but the side that sits on the rim is the same/not recessed so shouldn't change the spacing I would image.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts