Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another thread on a race bike build.
A little history about me and the bike.

I myself have been racing for 17 consecutive years on all different brands of motorcycles. Ducati 848, BMW s1000rr, 08 cbr 1000rr, GSXR 1000, Honda 929, Yamaha R6, Kawasaki zx7r.

The 2011 zx-10r is new to me about 3 weeks ago. Just started on it and have already put several new race goodies on it.

Items done already are, rear shock, clip ons, front and rear brake line, rear link, used body work. K-Tech fork cartrage kit on the way as well as levers, chain-sprockets, frame savers.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is that thing a rain meter!? :badteeth:

On a serious note, that looks to be a brocks performance pipe?

Nice ride, looks good, and I bet will be alot of fun!
I was told it is a Dan Moto exhaust. From what I can tell it is very loud. Not necessarily a good thing in my book but more important things on my list to acquire for the bike to be race worthy at this time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It will primarially be raced at Brainerd Interenational Raceway which is where we have two configurations of race tracks. The Donny Brooke Course and the Competition Course. DB is 3.2 miles with a front straight (180mph) that is one mile long run into turn 1 which is the fastest right hand corner in North America. The only other fastest corner in any direction is Daytona but that goes left.

The CC is 2.5 miles and fairly technical reaching speeds of 155 mph.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New parts arrived today. 520 chain, votex rear sprocket(s), vortex front sprocket, vortex shorty brake and clutch levers. K-Tech carts have also arrived. I'll take some pics and post again as these items get installed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my recent installation of parts, 520 chain, front and rear sprocket. In addition to that the newest version of Vortex clutch and brake levers. Shorty V3, finally the leading edge is rounded giving a more comfortable feel rather than the fairly square leading edge that their previous version of levers had.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts