Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
After all the pre-season testing and hype from Kawasaki more than any other team by miles the gen 4 bike looks like it's not going to do the business as expected in WSBK.
Only real test will be in the Superstock class although early comparisons against the dreaded BMW are not good.
Looks like electronics no good for faster lap times. See Chris Ulrich's test went quicker with TC off!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,029 Posts
:rolleyes: Really? You're making this statement after only the first qualifying session of the entire season and calling the bike a lemon because it didn't win the first Superpole of the season? Please.

Did you happen see Sykes time in FP2 by any chance? He was only 0.3 secs off of Checa's time and that placed him 3rd on the sheets behind Biaggi. I think you're jumping the gun with this comment. Let 'em race and we'll see just how well the bike stacks up.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
MEMBER NOITALL.......INFRACTION GIVEN OUT AND TEMP BAN UNTIL LATE NEXT WEEK WHEN RACE RESULTS ARE WELL GONE...*****THREAD TITLE CHANGED*******TO POSSIBLE SPOILER***

WARNING FOR ALL THIS IS THE FIRST RACE OF THE SEASON AND I CAN ALREADY TELL I WILL BE BUSY GIVING OUT INFRACTIONS AND BANS. :badteeth:

I HIGHLY SUGGEST IF YOUR NEW ON THIS SITE OR NOT TO READ OR RE-READ THIS STICKY BY ADMINSTRATOR AGAIN:

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85612

Spoiler!

BLUEDEVIL

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
you mean the 10r isnt going to win every race this season by 10 seconds or more???:lol:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Im sorry - I really dont understand? Why did he get banned or Temporarily Banned?
Is it because he wash making negative comments about the 4th gen 10? REally?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Im sorry - I really dont understand? Why did he get banned or Temporarily Banned?
Is it because he wash making negative comments about the 4th gen 10? REally?
You can PM if you want or have a problem with it(Read again Temp BAN)....but I really think you need to read the Sticky from the Admin first before questioning me why someone was banned when it comes to racing on THIS FORUM.:wink:

Also, this thread is going to be moved to the racing section.

bloo

·
Registered
367 Posts
Spoiler!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mate you are a TOSSER.
You are making this comment from what 1 test day and 1/2 of the first race meet??? :spit:
Read my lips what part of my post did you not understand?

After all the pre-season testing and hype from Kawasaki more than any other team by miles the gen 4 bike looks like it's not going to do the business as expected in WSBK.Only real test will be in the Superstock class although early comparisons against the dreaded BMW are not good.
Looks like electronics no good for faster lap times. See Chris Ulrich's test went quicker with TC off!

Despite all the hype - lighter, faster, better handling etc - the 2011 ZX-10 lapped slower in the race at Philip Island this year than they did last year - fact.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Read my lips what part of my post did you not understand?

After all the pre-season testing and hype from Kawasaki more than any other team by miles the gen 4 bike looks like it's not going to do the business as expected in WSBK.Only real test will be in the Superstock class although early comparisons against the dreaded BMW are not good.

Despite all the hype - lighter, faster, better handling etc - the 2011 ZX-10 lapped slower in the race at Philip Island this year than they did last year - fact.
I know you were not directing that at me but....... I can't see your lips. dam computer screen! :badteeth: :lol:

:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
214 Posts
Spoiler!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Spoiler!
The Ducati along with Carlos Checa are the oldest combination out there so why is it taking everyone so long to catch up?
Do you think when Ducati bring out there new Superbike they will take a year to get up to speed - no way they will be winning from the start.
If Kawasaki were serious about winning they would have employed a front runner. The bike has been in development for over a year with the intention of building a winning bike and they have been race testing for several months.
To do this all and not be competitive and lap slower than a year ago is outrageous.
It is just an excuse to say they need a year to develope the bike. It will be old technology by then and they will need a new model.
This is a major disappointment to all those including me who wanted to see a real alternative particularly in the Superstock class which is much closer to the real bike we can all buy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Ducati along with Carlos Checa are the oldest combination out there so why is it taking everyone so long to catch up?
Do you think when Ducati bring out there new Superbike they will take a year to get up to speed - no way they will be winning from the start.
If Kawasaki were serious about winning they would have employed a front runner. The bike has been in development for over a year with the intention of building a winning bike and they have been race testing for several months.
To do this all and not be competitive and lap slower than a year ago is outrageous.
It is just an excuse to say they need a year to develope the bike. It will be old technology by then and they will need a new model.
This is a major disappointment to all those including me who wanted to see a real alternative particularly in the Superstock class which is much closer to the real bike we can all buy.
what class do you race in?

Phillip Island just fits the Ducati so well..... you ever spend much time on V-twin? If so, you know what I'm talking about. The Aprillia is the fastest bike out there followed by the Honda then the Yam....

What new bike has won it it's first year out? Don't be disappointed, be realistic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what class do you race in?

Phillip Island just fits the Ducati so well..... you ever spend much time on V-twin? If so, you know what I'm talking about. The Aprillia is the fastest bike out there followed by the Honda then the Yam....

What new bike has won it it's first year out? Don't be disappointed, be realistic.
Try Yamaha R1 2009 with Ben Spies Ducati models 888 (Doug Polen) 916 (Carl Fogerty), 999 (Carl Fogerty), Suzuki K5 (Troy Corser)

Raced V twins for 20 years from production to endurance - A 90 degree V twin is by far the best riding experience - naturally smooth, plenty of torque and narrow for leaning over like a bike should. The big downside is cost particularly for racing.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Im so happy we have professionals here that know exactly how the season is going to turn out.

Its the first race of the season, and although the Kawi didnt win, tjey still did better than they did almost all last season. Im not loosing faith, thats what makes a real fan, sticking behind your team when they are not always (or ever) winning:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
184 Posts
:headshake i wasent too impressed with the second race......sorry to say. still early. trying to keep the faith

1 - 20 of 23 Posts