Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got the black and red trim ZX10R with ABS. Only got 3200 miles, well taken care of. Garaged all its life, unfortunately the bike did get off tilt and laid on its left side. Which only scraped the the left upper fairing. Nothing major. Only reason its at $11,000.00 FIRM. I really hate to see her go but priorities come first, I need money to down on my new business. I can't wait to own another Gen 4.

She did me good and was one of the fastest bikes I own up to date. I had a R1 Nos but never felt the top end so aggressive on a bike. More pictures to come soon!

Solo cowl
Driven D3 bars
CRG Levers
Sato adjustable rear sets
Integrated taillight
Eliminated tail
Guhl Reflash
Power commander 5
Leo Vince Evo with link pipe
BMC race filter
Power Pures with only 300 miles on them.
Luimoto seat cover
and etc which is all I can think of

Call me at 405-802-8628

·
Banned
311 Posts
Do the stock mirrors come with the bike?

How exactly did you come up with the $12,000 asking price when new 2012's are selling for $10,900 OTD ???? (taxes excluded)

What do you think you selling price will be?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks kawdude,

There are plenty of other guys selling their abs models way over my price. Yes sir, the stock mirrors come with the bike, passenger seat and also the 1/5 rifleman throttle. I love this bike so much I would keep it if it don't sell for its worth. It's at a market price I want for it and I know I can get it. =) Where do you see 2012 for that cheap? I might buy another one for just track later.

·
Banned
311 Posts
Any response to what you are thinking for an actual sales price?

After confirming that a dealer's advertised OTD price of $10,100 for a new 2012 is indeed legit, I am still struggling with whether or not to buy a used bike.
Especially, when big rebates are coming on 8/1/11.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I have my full built 10r priced as 16,000 and I've had some people seriously interested in it so ive it some time man.

Not everyone searches for the cheapest deals around and not every dealership is willing to give away their rebates as they dont always have them.

Good luck with sale man!!!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Any response to what you are thinking for an actual sales price?

After confirming that a dealer's advertised OTD price of $10,100 for a new 2012 is indeed legit, I am still struggling with whether or not to buy a used bike.
Especially, when big rebates are coming on 8/1/11.
Do the stock mirrors come with the bike?

How exactly did you come up with the $12,000 asking price when new 2012's are selling for $10,900 OTD ???? (taxes excluded)

What do you think you selling price will be?
With only 3300 miles on an ABS model, this bike is brand new. Power Pures, seat cowl, cat delete exhaust, Guhl reflash, and all the other extras; this bike is worth every bit of $12000 IMHO. Ok, so you can buy a new gen 4 for $11k, but then add in the tires, reflash, seat cowl, sliders, windscreen, tidy tail, and levers and you're already over $12000, and that's not including the shipping

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
I would love to know where the mystery dealer is that is selling them for $10.9 OTD. Speak up or your garbage sounds like you are just trollin' this mans for sale thread.

$12k doesn't seem bad to me. Good luck Interceptin, very nice bike you got there.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks a lot guys. Yeah maybe a bit high but like everyone suggest. Give it some time and see what I can get out of it. I ain't in a rush but I WANT NOLA's turbo kit! :sad:

The market sucks right now, I can't sell anything these past months. I got my bike, car and restaurant equipment for sale. lol

·
Banned
311 Posts
I would love to know where the mystery dealer is that is selling them for $10.9
Uhhhh, any Kawi dealer after he realizes you know what the prices are and that you are not coming back to hand him your cash until he does the deal.
An educated buyer is a stealer's or delusional sellers' worst nightmare.
But, a fair seller can find a fair buyer if everyone is realistic.
Supply, demand, and market price.....Economics 101.

Back on topic.....
what are you thinking for an actual sales price for those who might be deciding between this bike, a new 2012, or new 2013 that should be available soon?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you do know the demand of these gulh flash bikes then you would pay 12000 right? Lol Might end up keeping it since I love the bike. So one more week on the market and its off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
$10,100 OTD for a new 2012? Shit, I better let my sales manager know that, we need to be buying them. Said dealer must be content taking a loss on a current M/Y bike to do that, because the rebates aren't that good.

·
Banned
311 Posts
$10,100 OTD for a new 2012? Shit, I better let my sales manager know that, we need to be buying them. Said dealer must be content taking a loss on a current M/Y bike to do that, because the rebates aren't that good.
Please don't insult us with the ridiculous notion that dealers are "losing" money on that advertised price.
They're not.
I verified that price is truly "out the door" and they actually have the VIN in stock. Just like I did when I was buying a new 1000cc every year. This isn't my first rodeo and I'm sure the members here are just as educated as I am.

Don't assume that the members here are IQ and/or Credit Challenged like the people that stumble into your stealership and allow you to rape them.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
How big is the "rebate"? My wife works for the dealer where I bought my 2011 non ABS and invoice was around $12,100 if I recall. There were no rebates though when I bought mine. Contrary to popular belief, dealers don't make thousands of dollars of markup on motorcycles, or even most cars for that matter. Profit margin on most upper end sport-bikes is in the neighborhood of $500-$1000. On something like a Ninja 250 they may only make $200. That is why the BS "prep-freight" fees and what not.

·
Banned
311 Posts
My wife works for the dealer where I bought my 2011 non ABS and invoice was around $12,100 if I recall.
Dealers are advertising a verified $10,100 on a 2012 and I was told the rebate was only $750 at the time.
Based on that, invoice must be a hell of a lot less than $12,100.

I always do the research so I pay the right money when I buy new, and then I'm realistic when I sell used.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Please don't insult us with the ridiculous notion that dealers are "losing" money on that advertised price.
They're not.
I verified that price is truly "out the door" and they actually have the VIN in stock. Just like I did when I was buying a new 1000cc every year. This isn't my first rodeo and I'm sure the members here are just as educated as I am.

Don't assume that the members here are IQ and/or Credit Challenged like the people that stumble into your stealership and allow you to rape them.
If there's any insult going on, it's you for saying that I don't know what I'm talking about when I'm in the business of selling them.

I have no problem if the dealership you go to wants to lose money just to get it off of their floor so they aren't paying interest on it, or to make room for 2013's, but the fact is they aren't even close to invoice with that price. Period.

How big is the "rebate"? My wife works for the dealer where I bought my 2011 non ABS and invoice was around $12,100 if I recall. There were no rebates though when I bought mine. Contrary to popular belief, dealers don't make thousands of dollars of markup on motorcycles, or even most cars for that matter. Profit margin on most upper end sport-bikes is in the neighborhood of $500-$1000. On something like a Ninja 250 they may only make $200. That is why the BS "prep-freight" fees and what not.
+1000 This is exactly the case.

Anyways, GLWS, your price seems very appropriate.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Bump for OP
BS 2012 Gen4 for $10100 otd. Maybe $10100 before taxes or fees, but otd is total bs!

Post the dealer. I know a person looking for a liter bike!

Sent from my iPhone on an over priced data plan

·
Banned
311 Posts
Bump for OP
BS 2012 Gen4 for $10100 otd. Maybe $10100 before taxes or fees, but otd is total bs!

Post the dealer. I know a person looking for a liter bike!

Sent from my iPhone on an over priced data plan
No BS.
OTD did not include taxes because I pay them myself at the DMV.
Because we all pay different taxes, and of all the bullshit fees that dealers try to ad these days, OTD on bike sites refers to the bike and all the fees required to get the bike out of the dealership.

It doesn't matter which dealer because ANY dealer can do that deal.

I'm in the business of selling them.
So, being a floor salesperson makes you an expert?
Hate to break it to you, but you get whatever info that the sales mgr, GM, or owner want to feed you, and usually that's bullshit.

I have no problem if the dealership you go to wants to lose money
I told ya before, quit insulting our intelligence with bullshit posts like this.

but the fact is they aren't even close to invoice with that price.
Invoice is just a number for comparison. There are a lot of other numbers to consider. Ask your sales manager to explain it to you in between your "ups" today.

Frankly, I am tired of people demanding ridiculous prices on used bikes because guys like you raped them on the new bike and they are so upside down that it's cheaper for me to buy new.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
1K has been trolling the forum looking to buy a bike at a giveaway price. Last I read he didn't own a Gen4 ZX10r, so if he can get one for $10,100 OTD then why doesn't he instead of shitting on this poor guy's classified?

If you don't like the price move the fuck on or PM the seller with what you'd like to offer for shit's sake.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts