Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Building on the success of its Z1000 semi-naked sportster, and series of mid-size street-going Ninjas, Kawasaki has announced a 2011 big-bore amalgamation called the Ninja 1000.

The fully-faired machine is essentially a Z1000 with Ninja bodywork. It will share the Z’s counterbalanced engine, six-speed transmission, nearly identical chassis geometry, and upright riding position.

More: 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 on Motorcycle.com

·
Administrator
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four
Displacement: 1,043cc
Bore x stroke: 77.0 x 56.0mm
Compression ratio: 11.8:1
Fuel injection: DFI® with four 38mm Keihin throttle bodies, oval sub-throttles
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
Transmission: Six-speed
Final drive: X-ring chain
Rake / trail: 24.5 degrees / 4.0 in.
Frame type: Aluminum Backbone
Front tire: 120/70 ZR17
Rear tire: 190/50 ZR17
Wheelbase: 56.9 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 41 mm inverted cartridge fork with stepless compression and rebound damping, adjustable spring preload / 4.7 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Horizontal monoshock with stepless rebound damping, adjustable spring preload / 5.4 in.
Front brakes: Dual 300mm petal-type rotors with radial-mount four-piston calipers
Rear brake: Single 250mm petal-type rotor with single-piston caliper
Overall length: 82.9 in.
Overall width: 31.1 in.
Overall height: 48.4 in.
Seat height: 32.3 in.
Curb weight: 502.7 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 5.0 gal.
Color choices: Ebony, Candy Fire Red / Ebony
MSRP: $10,999
Warranty: 12 Months
Wholesale distributor: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A..

·
Administrator
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Click for larger sizes

Attachments

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Damnn, this looks better than the 2011 ZX10R.

As long as you get rid of that tail hanger and clear windscreen.

And with more displacement too. WTF :dontknow:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Short wheelbase... isn't that like 3 inches off the gen 1?

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
What kind of hp is it putting out?

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
What kind of hp is it putting out?
When we dyno’d the 2010 Z1000 engine – which on paper is identical – it returned 123.4 hp at 10,250 rpm, and 74.8 ft-lbs torque at 7750 rpm at the wheel.
From above link. Should be a fun bike.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
From above link. Should be a fun bike.
Yeah, I read the article this time . :lol:
I had the chance to ride a buddy's Z1000 about a year ago.
Comfortable ride and was quick. Wheelie happy too.
But much more maneuverable than the ZX's.
Felt like I was sitting on a dirt bike.

·
Registered
250 Posts
For some reason this bike really appeals to me. I like the z1000, but don't like naked bikes all that much. I know it won't stack up to the ZX, but I'll bet it's a blast to ride.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I was looking at the Concours 14 as my next bike but seeing this with hard luggage has really got me droooooling.
Where did you see pics of the Ninja 1000 with luggage at? I was also looking for more of a sport-tourer for my next bike as well, but if the N1000 has optional luggage I'm in.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Where did you see pics of the Ninja 1000 with luggage at? I was also looking for more of a sport-tourer for my next bike as well, but if the N1000 has optional luggage I'm in.
http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/Z1000SXTourer

May or may not be available turnkey in the US but it's out there. I think Kawasaki heavy wants to try and give the FZ1 a run for it's money.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
There are pics here somewhere....it does look pretty good with the hardbags. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
550 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm really looking forward to seeing this one in person. I had a 2009 Concours, nice bike but kind of a pig. Well over 600lbs and top heavy in general. Much worse with a hard case on the back.

I love the zx10r but think I would be happier with something a bit less extreme. I'm never going to use even a small portion of this bikes capability and the riding position is somewhat painful for me.

I've learned my lesson on buying new though and will probably have to wait until next winter to pick up a used one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts