Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So theres a guy at work with a 2011 Busa and all he does is talk shit on my bike. Its a stock busa with Two Bros exhaust and he somewhere handy to 250lbs while i have a 09 10r with a akro slip on and link pipe. what else would i need to beat him in a straight line race. I weigh 200lbs so i already have a 50lb advantage.. I had to listen to this dick trash Kawi's for 7 hrs the other day and i wanna trash his zuk in a straight line cuz thats the only race he will do.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not looking to go broke in this friendly race just prove to him his bike isnt an untouchable monster

·
Registered
729 Posts
Wrong dont do it off the line. DO a 40 mph roll. With the heavy weight of a busa plus his fat ass on it you will already beat him to 160mph im sure of it as long as you know how to get the throttle open well and shift very well at speed. I smoke busas with ease unless they are modded pretty good and stretched.

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Go to backroad and practice until you feel confindent you can kick his ass! you got nothing to lose you're on an old Kawi 1000 and if you win you're gonna make him look bad and his pride is gonna shit!

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I just dont even wanna risk losing to him cuz ill never hear the end of it.
There's always gonna be someone with their feelings hurt and someone else talking smack afterwards so just be sure and stay deep in the throttle WFO and keep shifting until you don't see him anymore and/or are bouncing off the limiter. :) get out there and give him hell man!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Don't do a role on race. Take him off the line. Good luck!
:+1:
Agreed...if you know how to launch it is curtains for him and his mouth.

V-Dub

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I just dont even wanna risk losing to him cuz ill never hear the end of it.
If you loose bad that's the rider not the bike today's 1ks are so powerful and light they don't need to be worried about the Bigger brothers stock. :headshake

Wrong dont do it off the line. DO a 40 mph roll. With the heavy weight of a busa plus his fat ass on it you will already beat him to 160mph im sure of it as long as you know how to get the throttle open well and shift very well at speed. I smoke busas with ease unless they are modded pretty good and stretched.
:+1:....was just looking at a Mag yesterday the New Busa Vs the New ZX14 with light weight professional rider(Kent) his best was 9.89s uncorrected on the Busa. I did that time recently uncorrected on my old sled 04 rider weight 215lbs+....am sure a 3rd Gen bike on a Roll on will have no problem to hang or beat up to 160mph. :wink:

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
If you loose bad that's the rider not the bike today's 1ks are so powerful and light they don't need to be worried about the Bigger brothers stock. :headshake

:+1:....was just looking at a Mag yesterday the New Busa Vs the New ZX14 with light weight professional rider(Kent) his best was 9.89s uncorrected on the Busa. I did that time recently uncorrected on my old sled 04 rider weight 215lbs+....am sure a 3rd Gen bike on a Roll on will have no problem to hang or beat up to 160mph. :wink:
:+1: Tell em Bloo

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Practice, practice practice beforehand. A busa is very easy to launch. You need to leave at 7k rpm or more and be good with the clutch. If you get the launch wrong he will so far ahead you aint gonna reel him in. Do a roll race from 50 mph and you be in first gear at that speed.
You still stock gearing because a -1/+2 for you is what you need for a race to 160mph man. If I was you I would insist on the 50mph roll race and make damn sure to be in first gear.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Roll ons , I leave them all day.... The better the busa rider the harder it will b.... Most my boys have busas so I hear the same bs daily....I tell them if u can't beat a 998cc with that then u don't need to b riding...shuts them right up lol

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
best mod ever is the driver mod. hands down. cars, bikes, boats, whatever! you gotta make sure you know how to handle your piece. you need to be on your A-Game everytime, regardless of the other guy's skill. thats what it comes down to at the end of the day. just be sure to learn how to ride your 10 and you can take this fool. like was said before, easiest way to help ensure it is -1/+2 and 1/5 throttle mod. You got this guy by 50lbs plus the 100+lbs that Busa weighs over your 10.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts