Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok as you know, thus far nobody have ABS brake lines available and since most racers don't opt for the ABS model the wait time may be LONG..

Well I got in contact with Spiegler Performance Parts and they have a ABS bike to make lines from. Here is the message he posted...

I have located an ABS bike and it appears at first glance that I can build a Stainless Steel line kit for it. It is on the list and few pre orders might apply some pressure to move it to the top..........
I am on the list for a set and figured I would let you guys know so you can help push up the production of the lines and also to let you know who will be the 1st company to make them available.

Here is the Face Book page and I will update this as i get more info.

You can hit him up on that thread to get the ball rolling.

I need these bad. STock lines are so spongy, then again I have always replaced the lines damn near 1st.

UPDATED !!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok they are ready to order a day early guys....

They come as a 4 line kit:

‎2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS line kits are now available. The line kit will come with front and rear stainless steel lines, the kit shown has the color option and bolts which are extra.

Part Number S-KA0342

St...andard Clear & Silver $217.95
Color ...Option (81 color options) $242.95
Color w/ bolts (as shown) $268.15
order here...
http://www.spieglerusa.com/

Direct link to 2011 ZX10R ABS...

http://www.spieglerusa.com/brake-line-kit-1630.htm

color choices here....

Kawasaki ZX10R 2011 Rear ABS line

Kawasaki ZX10R 2011 Master Cylinder line going to ABS unit

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...=10150157226320636&id=349110555635&aid=300423

Im so glad to be able to make this happen and so fast....
I had my shop order a set so I will review them asap !!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Talking about ABS; how do you rate your ABS bike vs a non ABS??

very soon I'm planning to own a Gen 4 zx10 and I'm still indecided if to buy the ABS one.
I know I don't outbrake a non ABS but I believe the ABS will hold more value in the future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've read that disconnecting the ABS fuses under the seat will disable ABS.

So I figure I can buy the ABS version and still get the best of both worlds if I want to. The only difference would be the weight of the ABS system which I won't mind.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've read that disconnecting the ABS fuses under the seat will disable ABS.

So I figure I can buy the ABS version and still get the best of both worlds if I want to. The only difference would be the weight of the ABS system which I won't mind.
I believe reading somewhere that the ABS weight was 7 or 9lbs

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
I can't figure out how to post on that Facebook site...

Shorai battery will make up the difference in weight...mine is on order....

I ride 20,000 miles a year...

If I'm going to spend $13,900 on a bike, why not get the ABS...latest in technology...all you need it is once....LOL

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking like you guys as far as the ABS...and soo glad you mentioned pulling the fuse to the abs.

I didnt think about that. So if someone tells me the ABS on the track is blah blah blah...I can say....Oh. ... I can just pull the fuse to turn it off...

I wanted to try it. I figured if the BMW came with it as an option why the hell not...and the option is sooo cheap compaired to the BMW ABS option price...

I called a local brake line and hose company and they told me that a custom hose for this bike (i showed them the BMW system) would run $50 to $150. So I would expect the Spieglers to run $125 to $150 maybe...especialy if they are the only ones who have lines ready.

I cant wait to test the bike some more...well without almost causing me to crash it lol..

If you click Like on the Spiegler page .. you can post to it.

Hers is the SPiedler Face Book Page.....

I will say these brakes are so spongie...
a set of SS lines and some Vesrah RJL and we are golden....

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm in, depending on price, if they're DOT marked (need to be if I run them) and if they'll ship to Australia (there might be a few Gen4 Aussie owners interested).

·
Registered
292 Posts
What's the advantage of having stainless steel brake lines? I'm just wondering since Kawi obviously decided to put those spongy brake lines in place, is it a bad thing to have spongy brake lines? Pardon my newbness, haha :)

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i normaly have SS lines ready for my bikes b4 they are delievered, so this was the 1st time i rode a bike with stock lines in a while.

One advantage is feel... you get a more consistent feel without the lines expanding on you. less brake effort required.

Im biased...
it's the one mod that deleivers real world results.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Under spirited riding conditions, the brake fluid heats up. Instead of the fluid just moving through the brake line, the fluid also expands the line outwards when under pressure, meaning less pressure is delivered to the pistons on the caliper, making the lever feel spongy and also manifesting itself in poor braking performance.

They're a low-cost upgrade that does nothing bad for the bike, and everything good. You just need to make sure the line is DOT-marked so that it conforms to both construction and burst strength standards.

Also, if you had an accident on your bike and the lines weren't DOT marked, the insurance company may have grounds to limit or even deny your claim.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
What's the advantage of having stainless steel brake lines? I'm just wondering since Kawi obviously decided to put those spongy brake lines in place, is it a bad thing to have spongy brake lines? Pardon my newbness, haha :)
Take it this is your 1st bike, eh? Well, steel is harder than rubber so steel flexes less under hard braking. Especially less once the brake fluid and brake hoses get hot. Every mass produced motorcycle has rubber lines stock unless it's a $20k + limited production bike.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well guys...
The line should be available by monday. Check out the FB page or I will update here with purchasing location and prices and what not.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well guys...
In a short amount of time we were able to get Speigler to move ahead of schedule to get SS lines made for the Gen4 ABS bikes.

You have to love the age of the internet.
I figured i could get in contact with them faster via Face Book vs. waiting on Emails and it work. 6 days after making the request, they located a bike and sometime today will be completed.

Sooo we can order tomorrow!!
if you have a FB page please look for the thread I posted and tell him thanks.

I will post up prices and links to order tomorrow

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ok they are ready to order a day early guys....

They come as a 4 line kit:

‎2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS line kits are now available. The line kit will come with front and rear stainless steel lines, the kit shown has the color option and bolts which are extra.

Part Number S-KA0342

St...andard Clear & Silver $217.95
Color ...Option (81 color options) $242.95
Color w/ bolts (as shown) $268.15

order here...
http://www.spieglerusa.com/

Direct link to 2011 ZX10R ABS...

http://www.spieglerusa.com/brake-line-kit-1630.htm

color choices here....

Kawasaki ZX10R 2011 Rear ABS line

Kawasaki ZX10R 2011 Master Cylinder line going to ABS unit

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...=10150157226320636&id=349110555635&aid=300423

Im so glad to be able to make this happen and so fast....
I had my shop order a set so I will review them asap !!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts