Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dates April 21st- April 25th 2010

Thursday Ride will meet at Wheelers Motorcycle Shop at 2:00pm. Hopefully this will give some Thursday arrivals time to make it. We will try to space riders appropriately, so all speeds welcome.

Friday-Saturday 10:00am Deals Gap Resort
I plan on making a couple of solo runs across the dragon each morning, and then having breakfast at Deals Gap restaurant. We can break groups up from there, and plan an afternoon ride too. We have some choices for lunch and dinner, so we will decide and update this thread daily.

Anyone that knows they will be coming and wants to be waited on, private message me for a phone number and email address.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
At the Two Wheel Inn we can fit 2 members per room. I dont mind stay with anybody. Obviously we will need another place, preferably close to each other.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Put a link in the old thread so fools aren't confused and still posting at the old thread. I want to reply to the thread so a few guys see it but I doubt they will see/check here

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put a link in the old thread so fools aren't confused and still posting at the old thread. I want to reply to the thread so a few guys see it but I doubt they will see/check here
I put links in the old thread for everyone. I forgot what I was doing last time that I set out to accomplish that.

I agree that we will have a problem with exposure in this section. I asked where to post, and this is what they gave me. I was told that they (mods) would put a link on the homepage for us, but I am not sure we are far enough along to ask for that yet.

What suggestions do you have?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Change title of old thread directing it here maybe. The more tedious PM all attendees in list. I had something better last night but I fell asleep and forgot.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
The rally is over 6 months out, but this this thread is definately better off in General Discussions IMO.

Subscribed anyway

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
The rally is over 6 months out, but this this thread is definately better off in General Discussions IMO.

Subscribed anyway
:+1: We'll see how this goes. Can't wait!

·
Registered
916 Posts
well it'll go... just wait and see... I had to look where this all went here, couldn't find it for 2 days:mrgreen:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well it'll go... just wait and see... I had to look where this all went here, couldn't find it for 2 days:mrgreen:
well if a couple of us put a link in our signatures, then it might get more traffic.

i will do so now.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Did too....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
643 Posts
I leave tomorrow for my fall Gap trip. Do you need me to take pics of any of the places, or get any info while I am down there?????

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I leave tomorrow for my fall Gap trip. Do you need me to take pics of any of the places, or get any info while I am down there?????
That would be awesome! I have never stayed at two wheel inn and would like some pics of the parking lot, as well as the pavilion, bbq grills, and the fire pit. Basically, I want to get an idea of whether there is room for a bbq on Friday and room for our main event on Saturday. The size of the pavilion would have to be pretty big, in case of rain we need to be able to still congregate. We can always rent a spot from Fontana, but that will add cost.

I was also planning a dinner event for the early arrivers, and you could look around Robbinsville for somewhere that could feed us all. I was thinking that we could all go to that crappy pizza place on 129 coming into Robbinsville from the dragon. If you could look and make sure that they could handle a party of 50-75 that would be great too.

Keep your eyes open for any other restaurants that could be good destination dinners.

Thanks a bunch!

Tom

ps. if you talk to the owners of Two Wheel Inn, Jami is the one that would be familiar with us. I have emailed with her about the possibility of us using their establishment.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Two wheel does have enough room, though if it rains not many people could get under cover, but for a cookout and hang around its more than large enough. i'll take pics and keep my eyes out

·
T Double D
870 Posts
Count me in ill come to this event

·
Registered
916 Posts
What happened here? Did everybody go hibernating??? :crackup::crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What happened here? Did everybody go hibernating??? :crackup::crackup::crackup:
Didn't go hibernating, but have been working on a event schedule. The group sales department from Fontana has finally contacted me, and we are discussing prices and what they have to offer.

stay tuned, more updates to come.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Im back, weather sucked!!!!!! I'll post pics when I can, 2wheel has enough room, Fontana has more, plus more to do when just hanging out. We camped at the Deals gap resort, which is nice, might want to consider that, plenty of room plus there is the low cost camping option

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
hmm id like to go but something tells me i wouldnt have any fun trying to play w u fools through corners on a stretched zx14 lol

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You should definitely go! There are more harleys and cruiser's than you can shake a stick at, so you would not be the least prepared of the bunch. I have seen plenty of stretched busa's on the dragon. mind you that was as i was passing them, but the speed limit is 35 in most parts, so no need to be screaming if you don't want to.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts