Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here ride one yet. what did you think? likes/dislikes? hows the power? been thinking about getting one of these as i commute over 100 a day and im tired of racking up all these miles on the 10. plus it looks like a better choice (ergonomicly) for the commute and sounds like it might be more fun to rip around the city on since its suppose to be real tourqey (not that i don't have fun on the 10 or complain about the seating position :mrgreen:). saw one the other day in the showroom and been thinking about it ever since. didn't know how much i would like it seeing it in the mags, but in person its deffinately a bad ass looking bike.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Are your miles on a highway? I have a good friend that has an older one and he hates his life when he rides on the highway.

He gets pulled and pushed all over by wind do to the lack of aero's, relates it to "riding a brick", and there is also no wind protection for your body.

Granted this kid's a bit of a Sally.... but, just a thought.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I just used one to teach my race school with last weekend. It is a AWESOME bike. It handles well, has much improved power, and ground clearance. It looks great and is very comfortable. It husled around the race track surprisingly well, and I was impressed by the hooligan factor. It has some great wheelie potential! haha.

All in all, I am considering one as a streetbike.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are your miles on a highway? I have a good friend that has an older one and he hates his life when he rides on the highway.

He gets pulled and pushed all over by wind do to the lack of aero's, relates it to "riding a brick", and there is also no wind protection for your body.

yeah, mostly highway miles. i always thought full fairings caught more crosswind than naked bikes and thats why the newer rr bikes were coming w/ less and less side fairing material. as far as headwind, does that tiny windscreen on the 10-r really keep the wind off of you while not in a full tuck?
i don't know :dontknow:, just asking, i've never ridden a naked bike to be able to compare the two.
also thanks everyone for the responses.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
yeah, mostly highway miles. i always thought full fairings caught more crosswind than naked bikes and thats why the newer rr bikes were coming w/ less and less side fairing material. as far as headwind, does that tiny windscreen on the 10-r really keep the wind off of you while not in a full tuck?
i don't know :dontknow:, just asking, i've never ridden a naked bike to be able to compare the two.
also thanks everyone for the responses.
Dude go do a back to back on a naked bike and get back with me. I had an sv years ago and it was naked, talk about a bitch in the wind compared to these supersport bikes with fairings...

But on topic mang...Try out the new Z, big thread about it. Looks really nice in person to...:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dude go do a back to back on a naked bike and get back with me. I had an sv years ago and it was naked, talk about a bitch in the wind compared to these supersport bikes with fairings...

But on topic mang...Try out the new Z, big thread about it. Looks really nice in person to...:eek:ccasion1
dude, i would love to do a back to back comparrison but unfortunately none of the japanese dealers around here (that i know of) will let you test-ride a bike, just the italians will, and thats just when you have cash or a pre-approval in hand but absolutly won't make the purchase without a test-ride first...

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i havent ridden one yet, but they look great. I did sit on one at the long beach bike show and it was super comfortable. should be a nice bike to own and ride

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I will be able to test one come June 19th at the Kawasaki ride event in NJ. I get to test 3 bikes so I chose the 14,6 and Z1000

·
Administrator
6,699 Posts

·
Administrator
6,699 Posts

Like I wrote in my thread, "Anything you've heard or read about the past two generations you can just forget, the new bike has been developed from scratch."

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
kawasaki is slowly starting to allow test rides. I think all makes of bikes should allow that. Finally, kawi is turning the tables on this. I'd think about buying the z if i test rode one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm seriously contemplating trading for the Z1000. I think it looks bad ass. The reviews all make it seem like its what I'm looking for too. Now I just need to ride one!

I went to a Triumph demo yesterday and rode a Speed Triple. It was ok I guess. Tranny was notchy, power was so so. It had the Leo Vince/Triumph exhaust and it definitely sounded great. I was surprised that it put more pressure on my wrist than my 10.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts