Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's my deal. A few years ago I had an 09 with a two bros slip on and that was it. All I had to do to get it to wheelie was open the throttle around 4000 rpms no problem. I recently just purchased a 2010 special edition that only has an M4 slip on and 55 rear tire as opposed to a 50. I can't get this thing to rise up at all! Is there anything I should tweak or play with to get more low end power out of it? Or is it designed this way and I just have to buy a power commander to go with the exhaust upgrade? It's only blowing my mind since my 09's front tire never wanted to stay on the ground while romping on it and I figured this one would be the same. Plus, any tips for power that are free mods I can do myself would be more than appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks brotha. Wouldn't going one up in the back help too? Since I just ordered a +1 rear sprocket this morning. Or should I go ahead and order a front one as well?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I would go ahead and go -1 up front, you want feel much just going +1 on the rear.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Should be no difference between the two bikes. Maybe your 09 was regrared and you didn't know

·
Registered
771 Posts
I would go ahead and go -1 up front, you want feel much just going +1 on the rear.
my 2010 is -1 +3 .(-1 front is equal to about +3 in the back)

if the bike has more than 5,000 miles I would recommend to drain the fuel tank and pull and dissemble the fuel pump and clean the screen.

Mine got to the point it wouldn't run under load shut off it would be fine than lose power again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you guys and the 09 was stock for the most part (I bought it brand new). This one has 12,000 miles on it so I'll try cleaning the screen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts