Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

2010 steering damper opinion

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  hi im drummer03 
#1 ·
So does anyone no how much they are going to ask for the new damper ,and will it retro fit 08 models ,or is it even worth getting this at all ,looking for some feed back.:mrgreen:

This post has been deleted
#7 ·
It will probably have the same needle with a hole in it because of there lawyers. If they put the good needle in it an some squid adjusts it to stiff and crashes in a parking lot they would sue kawi.

#13 ·
CTR suspensions do it also for about $75. He do Ohlins support at the ama races and at wera and ccs events. Extremly good suspension builder. When i get the 09ZX6 ill be sending mines to him for the stock upgrade.

#15 ·
:+1:

i'm wanting to say there is a how to or atleast a write up on the site that shows you what's up. hit up the ol' search function and with alittle digging you will find what your after:thumbsup:

btw i got an '05 so no factory damper here. but i am the proud owner of a Scotts. money well spent for me.

#18 ·
Yeah, the heavier weight fluid works...ok. You just don't really get the adjustability since instead of making the damper function properly, you're putting fluid in that's too thick to weep through the holes quickly. It's a band-aid at best. I had my buddies 09 done by Dan Kyle, and it's an amazing difference. Stock, you can't even tell the difference between full hard and full soft. After Kyle Racing fixed it, it's just like my scotts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.