Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does anyone no how much they are going to ask for the new damper ,and will it retro fit 08 models ,or is it even worth getting this at all ,looking for some feed back.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
id say save your money and just send yours to Dan Kyle and have him put the new parts in it for $100... way cheaper than getting a new one...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess you r right ,gonna have to see if this is any better first , like the look of the olins but was also looking to see if there was a better version, had the scotts on my r1 but want to stay away from any moding for th zx .

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I bought the all NEW design from Hard Racing about 6 months back and it has the same laser etched BROWN logo that Kawi is advertising the new 2010 has. My guess it is the all new design will still come with the needle with the hole in it, basically making it the all new design but still junk.

Any stock one fixed by Dan Kyle or the new one sold by Hard Racing will be as good or better.

I would wait to see when it comes out if it has any extra firmness. My guess is it will not and it is all hype like the new gear change mechanism which as it turns out is just a stiffer spring. :spit:
:+1:

Get yours re-done by Dan Kyle instead of wasting $$$ on a newer stocker.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It will probably have the same needle with a hole in it because of there lawyers. If they put the good needle in it an some squid adjusts it to stiff and crashes in a parking lot they would sue kawi.

·
Registered
375 Posts
How much was the lsl.thanks
I can't remember now, check google. But it is just one of examples, there are other companies that make dampers too. Basically all dampers are +- good as long as they are "aftermarket" ones and not 'lite' versions directly from bike factory.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I guess you r right ,gonna have to see if this is any better first , like the look of the olins but was also looking to see if there was a better version, had the scotts on my r1 but want to stay away from any moding for th zx .
why dont you want to mod the zx?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I bought the all NEW design from Hard Racing about 6 months back and it has the same laser etched BROWN logo that Kawi is advertising the new 2010 has. My guess it is the all new design will still come with the needle with the hole in it, basically making it the all new design but still junk.

Any stock one fixed by Dan Kyle or the new one sold by Hard Racing will be as good or better.

I would wait to see when it comes out if it has any extra firmness. My guess is it will not and it is all hype like the new gear change mechanism which as it turns out is just a stiffer spring. :spit:
The new damper is a "race" version, so it will be good. Way cheaper to fix ours....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After reading the post replys I guess dan will be my go to guy , only have a few weeks left here in the north that I will be riding so will make this a winter mod .Thanks for the help as always.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2021 ZX10R Street & 2016 ZX10R KRT Race build
3,762 Posts
CTR suspensions do it also for about $75. He do Ohlins support at the ama races and at wera and ccs events. Extremly good suspension builder. When i get the 09ZX6 ill be sending mines to him for the stock upgrade.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Do your rebuild of your damper your self!!! Change out the oil and put thicker oil in and its just as good as paying 75-150 bucks for someone else to do it!!

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
Do your rebuild of your damper your self!!! Change out the oil and put thicker oil in and its just as good as paying 75-150 bucks for someone else to do it!!
:+1:

i'm wanting to say there is a how to or atleast a write up on the site that shows you what's up. hit up the ol' search function and with alittle digging you will find what your after:thumbsup:

btw i got an '05 so no factory damper here. but i am the proud owner of a Scotts. money well spent for me.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2021 ZX10R Street & 2016 ZX10R KRT Race build
3,762 Posts

I could be dead wrong, but I thought that they install new internals simular to the after market ohlins damper....

Again thats what i was told, but i could be wrong. i heard heavy oil is just one way to make it better.

on a side note what do you all think about this conversation on ??

http://www.kawiforums.com/zx-10r/131460-ohlins-real-damper-06-10-zx-10r-now-available-finaly-3.html

some stuff from a while ago...

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22302&page=11

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
The internals I don't know about, I would think so if there chargingso much, but you never know. But that first link is very interesting, I'm going to read some more and put in my ticker haha

But I think the first link on the 021 Damper is what comes stock on the 2010 zx10r

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Yeah, the heavier weight fluid works...ok. You just don't really get the adjustability since instead of making the damper function properly, you're putting fluid in that's too thick to weep through the holes quickly. It's a band-aid at best. I had my buddies 09 done by Dan Kyle, and it's an amazing difference. Stock, you can't even tell the difference between full hard and full soft. After Kyle Racing fixed it, it's just like my scotts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts