Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
sounds pretty ghey to me.....i started school again and theres a guy who has one...some punk dude has matching gear to go....we raced and even with my big ass...it wasnt even a race....this bike is such complete junk....I CANT WAIT FOR KAWI TO COME OUT WITH ANOTHER BIKE AND MURDER EVERYONE ELSE

take a look at these links..(sorry if there a repost)

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rumors/rumor-kawasaki-zx10r-late-2010/
http://www.motostar.co.za/Home/News/2010KawasakiZX10R/tabid/335/Default.aspx

cant wait cant wait

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
as much as i dont like the looks of the r1, that rossi version looks better than the rest. i dont hate the r1, i think its a good package if suited to the individual rider, i just dont like the looks in street trim.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I still can't believe the wide range of reviews that damn thing gets. Motorcyclist named it "bike of the year", and Motorcycle USA gave it dead last place in it's literbike shootout.

It's the slowest bike around the racetrack, and yet somehow it wins comparisons. All because it "sounds cool". My Chevrolet Avalanche "sounds cool"....it doesn't mean that it's fast, or that it can hustle around a corner.

I dig the Fiat paint scheme though, even if the bike itself is still ugly.

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
The look is growing on me and if anyone hasn't check the WSBK overall standings yet...check it! Yamaha is doing something right. Kawasaki on the other hand is wayyyy down there. And I'm no r1 guy either but you gotta give props to them. :badteeth:

·
Registered
410 Posts
True, but the WSBK machines and the ones on the showroom are very different bikes.

The showroom bike might have some of the technology, but if it's down on horsepower 20% vs the ZX10R sitting next to it, what's the point?

I don't really care if Ben Spies wins on his. If the one on the street gets completely smoked by a stock zx10r, i'll take the zx.

·
Registered
641 Posts
What'd I tell you guys? 2010 R1 went up $900 from the prior year with no changes. Up $800 from '08-'09. That's $1700 price increase in two years. I predicted that prices of motorcycles would skyrocket even on these carryover models due to the strength of the Japanese Yen(currency) against the U.S. dollar. Just look at Suzuki's increases of approx 10-12% across the board from '08-'09.

The point is, if you can hold onto your ZX-10's, resale value will hold very well as many buyers, military guys will get priced out of a new bike and be forced to buy used. What I'm sayin' is, if your used '08 like mine is currently worth $7k lightly used in good shape...wait 2 years and you'll still likely fetch about that when the alternative is a new bike for twice as much! Just hang in there until all the leftover '08's/'09's clear out and the manufacturers adjust to lower demand and produce fewer bikes due to the slowing economy. Fewer bikes also mean the manufacturers must charge more per unit to cover all he costs assosciated with producing a motorcycle.

·
Registered
477 Posts
just intrested but to every one who is saying bad things about the 09 r1,HAVE YOU RIDDEN ONE!!!!if not then try one,until you have you could be talking shit?(i own a gen2 10r and have not tried one myself).just my view..

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
hmmm i wonder when kawasaki is going to mass produce a replica of there race winning moto-gp or world sbk's???????:crackup: oh my bad, i forgot about kawasaki's racing effort's, when you come in dead fucking last every race a person tends to forget about them. that fiat inspired R1 is pretty sweat looking imo. i cant get over people dissing the looks of the 09 R1, has anybody taken a look at that stupid ass front end of the genIII 10r's? i owned one & never got used to the way it looked.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Gen 1 FTW
:+1:

I like the looks of the new R1. It does sound cool (except someone likened one going down the straight with stock pipes to a washing machine). Seems just like the 04-08 R1's. If you like a 600, you'll love the R1. Great handling, brakes, maybe not a beast on power, but more than enough to get you in trouble.

·
Registered
477 Posts
hmmm i wonder when kawasaki is going to mass produce a replica of there race winning moto-gp or world sbk's???????:crackup: oh my bad, i forgot about kawasaki's racing effort's, when you come in dead fucking last every race a person tends to forget about them. that fiat inspired R1 is pretty sweat looking imo. i cant get over people dissing the looks of the 09 R1, has anybody taken a look at that stupid ass front end of the genIII 10r's? i owned one & never got used to the way it looked.
:+1:got to say for me,in standard trim the 3rd gen is a pig to look at!theres no way i'd have one over my 06,waiting to see what kawasaki come up with in 2011 before i decide my next jap 1000cc sports bike!!

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Unlike most, I have absolutely no problem with the look of the R-1, it actually looks kinda cool IMHO (although nothing like a M-1) I do however have a problem with the over hyped performance, and the heavy weight and under powered engine. But still a cool bike, liter bike prices are getting closer and closer to the 15K mark though, i don't like that.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
wow $14.5K thats unreal for a fanboy, overhyped bike that does not compare to other liters. IMO the gen 3 10r is THE sportbike for the moment hands down, which we all know already. I'm very impressed with it, still, and like the looks plus the unreal powerplant and awesome chasis/suspension. I loved my 05 but it does not compare to my 08 in any form besides its beauty. Sorry im so :eek:fftopic: The 05-07 R1 was its prime IMO

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
I have never owned or ridden a Gen 1, but my guess is if Kawasaki suddenly found a few hundred of them in some dark corner of a warehouse they would sell out overnight and I would be fighting for a place first in line. :thumbsup:
:rockwoot: id be running to get a 2nd Gen 1 myself!!!!

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
:rockwoot: id be running to get a 2nd Gen 1 myself!!!!
:+1: i had a genI & thought it was kind of a piece in the quality & fit'in finish dept. i then bought a new 07 10R and after i got the suspension, rear ride hight dialed in and the shit tire's off of it that thing was awsome, i wish i still had it infact. it, my 1998 zx-9R and my 2001 gsx-r 1000 are my all time favorite bike's iv had, they were all three awsome!

·
Registered
28 Posts
military guys will get priced out of a new bike and be forced to buy used.

Not sure what you're getting at..probably most of the *new* cash sales ending in clear titles are from military guys getting back from deployments...gotta love that tax free combat zone pay :)

FYI I'm in the military and all 4 of my vehicles have free and clear titles...to include my 08' ZX-10...we do pretty well financially...especially when we deploy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts