Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A black-painted exhaust, mildly reworked bodywork and a new steering damper - that seems to be the extent of changes on the 2010 Kawasaki ZX-10R ---- Kawasaki have big plans for the 2011 ZX-10R, which will supposedly be an all-new, completely redesigned bike. But if you have to have the big Ninja right now, the 2010 ZX-10R is priced at US$13,000. ---- pity poor chris vermeulen who will be riding the ZX-10R in World Superbikes in 2010. poor sod. melandri and hopkins ruined their careers with kawasaki and now it's verm's turn. come on Kawasaki, pull up your socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Melandri resurected his career with Kawasaki, he ruined it with Ducati, get it right!

Hopkins, did he ever realy have a career?

And btw, your about a month late on the 2010 ZX10R

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
yeah, as much as kawi has sucked in racing over the years, the hayate/melandri combo has shown what a proper team can do. Now kawi just needs to add in the budget for their racing dept. Since they have pulled out of everything else but WSBK, they should have a decent enough budget to power Chris and his crew into being competitive. I for one am rooting for the underdog.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
As much as I love my Kawasaki's I have to say THEY HAVE NEVER SUPPORTED ROAD RACING or DRAG RACING.... They Suck in that area.. All they ever done was spend a fortune on Motocross only to have Bubba spit in their face on his way out.. Kawasaki will never learn if they haven't learned by now..

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Besides the few minor changes Kawasaki brought cosmeticly for the 2010,they also moded the transmission to mirror the transmission of the ZX6R,for smother shifting in both directions up and down shifts.

·
Registered
106 Posts
love the wheels tho wish they were stateside

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,372 Posts
How sad.

Looks more and more of just engine and no plastics every 2 years.
Soon it will just be the tank, frame, cowel and the plastic covering the front wheel. The rest will be Frame and all engine like a Beull XB9SX.

Very distubing.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
After checking the 2010 10R part #s to the 2009 10R part #s, then to the ZX6R part #s, all they changed was a few parts in the gear change mechanism, consisting of a couple of springs, shims, and the shaft they changed from 08-to 09 already on the 09 model. Not much really.
Cool thanks,the way the Kawasaki website wrote it up,it sounded like they refined the transmission,based on making the shifting smoother.

·
Registered
524 Posts
After checking the 2010 10R part #s to the 2009 10R part #s, then to the ZX6R part #s, all they changed was a few parts in the gear change mechanism, consisting of a couple of springs, shims, and the shaft they changed from 08-to 09 already on the 09 model. Not much really.[/Q

That's actually pretty good news to all the 08, 09 owners. Sounds like you could update to the 2010 specs pretty easily. All in all I'd say it's good news for ZX10 owners. Why change the best bike made. Hey they could have done what Yammy did to the 2009/2010.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I thought the zx14 was a big hit in the drag racing world, rickey gadsen seems to like it, but he's not really anyone to trust I guess. LOL.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Who thinks the 08-09 shifts all that bad?:dontknow:

Seems like they could have improved other areas instead of that, who knows what they are thinking

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
My 08 shifts fine Ive had no problems with shifting .... gets stiff after a few thousand miles on the oil but nothing else....

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
at least they are not doing gay a$$ graphics like th enew hondas,uh wtf? can you say early 90's gsx-r. thats one thing(among a list) i like about kawi. nice clean colrs schemes. not much on the all show and no go graphics...

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Colors are ok, but the slipper clutch was needed so..slipper clutch,damper,cosmetics and thats it. All I have to say is this is the first time kawasaki has held on a extra year to a zx10r model...so the 3rd gen must have done something right...

·
Registered
618 Posts
As much as I love my Kawasaki's I have to say THEY HAVE NEVER SUPPORTED ROAD RACING or DRAG RACING.... They Suck in that area.. All they ever done was spend a fortune on Motocross only to have Bubba spit in their face on his way out.. Kawasaki will never learn if they haven't learned by now..
Anthony Gobert was a regular on the podium back in the days of the ZX7RR in WSBK,about 12yrs ago,long time between drinks for KWAKA!!!

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Colors are ok, but the slipper clutch was needed so..slipper clutch,damper,cosmetics and thats it. All I have to say is this is the first time kawasaki has held on a extra year to a zx10r model...so the 3rd gen must have done something right...
10's have always had slippers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts