Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2010 zx10r, I recently went down on my left side while knee dragging. I've been looking on a ton of websites for new fairings kits but it seems like none of them come with the upper front fairing(the fairing that goes around your headlight). Why is this and if you do know somewhere that has them with the kit please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
727 Posts
I used auctmart on my 07 gsxr 600 (twice) had good luck with them they offer a "perfect fit" series not sure about for the zx10r. But looked at the pics I don't see the piece your talking about either but could probably score a used one off ebay. The kits weren't own quality but they worked great especially for the price. Auctmarts.com

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,627 Posts
You need to buy the OEM fairings direct from Kawasaki. The 2010 has the different 1-piece nose fairing than the '08-'09 versions. The aftermarket kits are all "gen 3" and covers years 2008-2010, but are molded off of the 3 piece kit. If you buy the aftermarket kits, it will come complete with the upper you need but it will be the 3-piece version. It would also likely require the matching headlight from an earlier year to boot (the headlight was changed slightly in 2010 to match the upper). There are no aftermarket 1-piece street uppers like you're looking for. And usually the quality, paint matching, and fitment blow.

You got the best looking Gen 3 IMO, but also the bastard child of the lot. It's really a Gen 3.5 if you ask me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, learned something new. So what your saying is if I want my oem 1 peice upper front fairing to match the aftermarket fairings I could need to buy it unpainted and have it painted the same

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,627 Posts
If you buy OEM you can buy it with your color already so there wouldn't be any need to paint and match.
This is correct. If you buy the upper from Kawasaki, it will come painted and ready to bolt-on the bike, minus any decals. You're going to pay more for OEM, but the time saved by not worrying about paint matching and fitment is worth every penny. The quality of the OEM is also far superior to the ABS Chinese plastics.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked today with Kawasaki they want 1600$ for a set, so I think I'm going to buy oem upper front fairing from them and then just buy a aftermarket set, I bought a graphics kit so it will all match. Thanks guys

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,627 Posts
Honda East Toledo is a sponsor here and about the cheapest when it comes to OEM parts. Check their prices. The aftermarket kit will not match up well with the OEM stuff. Not just paint, but the bolt patterns and alignment tabs and such. You're gonna kick yourself for not buying all own if you go that route.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, everyone! I have an 08 Zx10r and would like to give it the 2010 look. Basically, they are the same models from 2008 to 2010 but in 2010 it received a facelift. I would like to know if there are any true 2010 fairings for sale here. Thank you in advance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts