Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Im a newbie to the kawi world and this forum so take it easy on me.

Im buying a 2012 zx10r friday.

Going to put 500 miles on stock..set it on the dyno and get a base number.

Plan on doing m4 gp slip on, ecu reflash, smog delete, pcv with auto tune?, race air filter..-1/+2

My questions are.does pcv control timing to?
What is the best race fuel leaded/oxy that i can run on stock motor?

And will autotune correct for the fuel change?

My number is 200..if that wont do it what else will i need.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
Sorry, but 200Hp from bolt-on mods ain't a gonna happen. You're going to need to crack into the motor for cams, head work, etc. Nitrous and forced-induction is the other way to go. But if you want 200Hp, you better get out your wallet and your wrenches. Stock the bike will be somewhere in the upper 160's and with reflash, somewhere in the low 180's. It's going to take quite a bit of effort to get another 20hp out of the motor.

PCV does not control timing directly. you need the ignition module for that. Yes, the purpose of autotune is to automatically correct fueling for different mods. But it won't auto correct for the use of race gas, if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok..thanks guys.

Im also going to do the 520 conversion.

But i guess if it wont happen i can scratch the race fuel, ignition module..and just see what i can get from bolt ons.

Any other suggestions or tricjs you reccommend?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
full exhaust system, ecu flash, pc5 (built in ign mod), proper custom map built on dyno, secondary fuel module, mr12, break in the engine properly, the harder an engine is run during break in, the more power it'll make, and finally with a little luck, 200 is very possible. the 520 chain conversion will give you higher readings however it wont actually make any more power, you're just taking away some of the resistance between the engine and the rear tire, if you really wanna cheat out 200 easily enough drop in some zero weight oil and put on a light street tire, i know of a few places that like to do shady shit like that but hey it looks good on the graph ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes..just bragging rights..im not going as far as a light tire..want it to be a true read.

Is the secondary fuel module needed? Cant i get enough fuel from 4 injectors?

And is mr12 my best option? There is u4.4..q16..hmm

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Better call APE, MTC, Millenium Technologies, Crower, and RCS Performance.

and have a fat wallet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok..guess ill scratch my 200hp goal and just see what it gets..i will do those mods..and keep you up to date.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
356 Posts
Or just go lto the Dyno dude and tell him to recalibrate his Dyno to show a higher reading. LOL. It would save you a lot of money :deadhorse:sex:

·
Registered
160 Posts
No need for a full system on the gen 4s....the stock header is crazy good already....get a good slip on, ecu reflash, get a bazazz or a pc5, get some mr12, a race air filter, and get a good tune....u will be happy....oh and u need to do the smog block off mod b4 u go get a tune

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
He could just buy garths motor, he got 199.

·
Registered
581 Posts
VP MR12, a good Superstock engine build (valve-job, thin head gasket, degreed cams, everything set to exact tolerances, kit bearings, etc.), and the normal bolt-ons would get you pretty much there I think. Of course, then you'd be tuned for race fuel which costs $$$ and can't be left in your fuel tank.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Go to the California super bike school, learn how to really ride, be faster than busas and the like. All because you know the basics...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes..just bragging rights..im not going as far as a light tire..want it to be a true read.

Is the secondary fuel module needed? Cant i get enough fuel from 4 injectors?

And is mr12 my best option? There is u4.4..q16..hmm
Yes, MR12 is your best option as far as getting the most power out of your stock motor. Q16 is 116 octane, and U4.4 is 103, and will make less power than MR12.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think 200 hp is easy.
My bike full graves. Pcv with ignition module Kit cams Bmc filter. 197hp.
If you add Vp fuel easy over 200.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts