Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When did this start happening, it come on suddenly or has it been getting more pronounced over time, have you or anybody else recently done work on the bike then it started.
Its been happening since i got the bike....the previous owner had an accident on it but nothing serious...the bike runs hard WOT but starts to back out around 8k and will slowly rise to 10k...if I graduatlly give it throttle I can get up to around 12k in 1st and 2nd but the rest of my gears top at 10k...i can barley get the bike to 150 sometimes

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
based on what your saying i reckon its fuel, possibly either fuel pump and or fuel pump filter, but also it could be your upper injector rail. Reasoning is lower gears always require less fuel as load on crank is less and RAM effect is less so you can get higher rpm in lower gears with a poor fuel system, in the higher gears you will get less rpm with a poor fuel system as the higher gears require more fuel. Top rail injectors don't start working until over 6000 rpm on your bike so as you go up in revs the top injectors add more and more fuel on a percentage basis against the lower if there not adding what they should then the bike will lean out to the point it just wont develop enough power to keep accelerating. Simple check look at the injectors by removing the airbox top, if there is a great deal of waxing around the holes that could be the issue and they need cleaning flow testing and preferably matching. But the same symptoms apply to a done electric motor in your fuel pump and or block fuel pump filter. There are two tests for that one is a pressure test which your probably not equipped for. Or you can do a volume test which isn't as accurate but will be a good indicator of poor fuel delivery. your pump should pump more than 63ml in 3 seconds if its less then you have a pump issue. It could be possible there is low voltage supply but that is very rare and you need to pull the pump and change the filter and check motor if you can't do that then buy an exchange unit or get somebody to service yours.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum

Davy123

Zx10r starting problem

Jump to LatestUnfollow

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

[IMG alt="Davy123"]https://www.zx-10r.net/d2/avatars/m/603/603927.jpg?1612059867[/IMG]
Davy123
·Registered
Joined 22 h ago
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter • #1 22 h ago

Hey guys, i have a zx10r 2010. Bike will never start on first press sometimes 2nd press also. But will always start. (Cold start) letting sit for a few hours will still start only 2nd press.
1. Turn key to on. (Fuel pump primes)
2. Kill switch on. Neutral gear
3. Click starter button
4. It will start for 3 seconds then cut out. Then fuel pump primes again then will start Always. (Brand new battery).

So bike starts for 2-3 seconds then cuts out always. Has never started on first go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts