Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone on a gen 3 has raced a gen 4? I plan to run this guys bone stock 2011. He raced my buddies 03 busa and destroyed it, but I did also. My mods are -1 front sprocket, k&n and jardine gp slip on. What's my best chance? I was thinking a slow 1st gear roll since he has more drag racing exp.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i am hoping i do, but all i read about is how fast those things are. i know my gearing should help me down low, thats why i want to do some slow roll. i am hopefully racing him tomorrow if not this weekend, and will post the results

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I know if somebody want to do a really slow roll with me, I will still use the clutch and launch the bike like I'm sitting still.

If he is COMPLETELY stock then you have a chance, if he has the secondary butterflies removed, forget it..

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya thats what i plan to do, dont you need a tune with those removed? i was gonna wait till next month to hollow my converters out, and remove those when i get a pc5. if i could get away with that now with no tune i will take them out asap. he said its bone stock so we will see.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
If he's flashed ur done, you will get him from the hit but up high he will be in his power band and rolling strong ,but 1st to lock the gas means a lot , a 175 hp to 180hp is a lot to stay in front of

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya, i hope he isnt flashed, i should be able to tell, i can ride pretty well imo, i killed my buddies 03 busa, was lowered, stretched, k&n pc3, and yoshi pipes, i walked him like he was nothing, was really shocked.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i have watched many videos, and from what i have seen and read, if he is tuned/modded at all, he will kill me, but if not i hope its a good race.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
You don't HAVE to tune to remove the secondaries, even without a flash you can gain 10 HP by just removing the flies on the gen 4

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Just think he's -1 to cause he probably is,you can do a lot and still look stock. keep us updated

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pretty sure thats a modded 11 vs the modded 09, so i know the 11 would win. but he wouldnt lie, cus he wasnt trying to prove anything, and i dont think he is -1 cus he road races the bike more than drag races it, but we will see, how much do 3rd gens gain from the secondaries? how lean does it make it? i dont wanna blow it up, and it gets pretty hot here in arizona.. bike has seen 218 degrees in traffic before.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
You won't gain anything really, It's the 4th gens that see the big HP increase because they start closing around 12,000 rpms and kill the top end power of the gen 4s

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well the 2011 didnt want to race me, he made excuses then took off when i walked away so i dont know, he said he has never lost a race but wont race people, so i ran a cbr 1000, like 06 model, and destroyed it, giving him the jump.. :mrgreen: loving the new bike

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
well the 2011 didnt want to race me, he made excuses then took off when i walked away so i dont know, he said he has never lost a race but wont race people, so i ran a cbr 1000, like 06 model, and destroyed it, giving him the jump.. :mrgreen: loving the new bike
I will race you.... might be hard for me to find the time to get over to do it. but I have to say mine is not stock as you can tell from my list in my signature.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts