Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at potentially buying a fairing set. Current fairings on the bike are some kind of aftermarket that was on there when I bought the bike. Not really sure where to look. All I see everywhere is aftermarket fairings. Is there anywhere to buy legit factory fairings? or even an aftermarket fairing set that everyone just loves?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here in Australia it is possible to find people who race that have all the OEM road fairings/lights etc. Often they've never ridden the bike with them or have done minimal road kms before converting to track only. OEM fairings from kawaskaki would cost an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here in Australia it is possible to find people who race that have all the OEM road fairings/lights etc. Often they've never ridden the bike with them or have done minimal road kms before converting to track only. OEM fairings from kawaskaki would cost an arm and a leg.
thank you for the reply, will have to start looking for some take offs then

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,357 Posts
Yup, the only place to by OEM fairings is from Kawi. Any Kawi dealer can get them for you - local or online. Some dealers will charge more than others, but they will be expensive. If you want OEM, you have to go to Kawi. Used OEM fairings in good condition is another way to go, as mentioned. But again, they are considered used. So eBay or Craigslist is where you've find those. They should be a little cheaper than new, but you never know the condition of them and the prices you find won't be anything as low as the cheap Chinese knock-off sets. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Skydork, right you are. However, for the price difference (Used take offs for race - around $1000 AUD) vs Chinese replacements (Around $600 AUD) I still think the used is a much better deal. What sweetens it is that often for your price, you'll end up with other road parts that can be sold off too if not needed like lights, mirrors etc. Can't beat OEM fairings for quality.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,357 Posts
Hey Skydork, right you are. However, for the price difference (Used take offs for race - around $1000 AUD) vs Chinese replacements (Around $600 AUD) I still think the used is a much better deal. What sweetens it is that often for your price, you'll end up with other road parts that can be sold off too if not needed like lights, mirrors etc. Can't beat OEM fairings for quality.
Correct! That what I was attempting to say in my prior post. OEM is the way to go whether new or used. Either way they beat the aftermarket ones unless it's a race bike. The problem with buying used is getting a good, clean, match set in the color scheme you're looking for. That won't be as cheap as aftermarket knock-offs, but it's still better. Sorry if it came off like I was saying to go aftermarket, because I agree with you it's not as good as OEM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts