Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've searched and this has me pretty lost. My bike is stalling when I give it throttle, both under load and free revving. I've adjusted my idle and clutch to no avail, and I'm wondering what the issue could be. What it's doing is its revving fine, but when I let off, it drops below idle and stalls (even with idle set way higher than normal, just to check). Also, the fuel economy has been horrible. I put a fresh tank in after I picked it up and only got 22.6 MPG and I only went above 4k rpm a couple times. Any input would be appreciated. Also, I put seafoam when I filled it today to see if that will help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
poor spark? tons of unburnt fuel? exhaust have heavy gas smell? Hopefully someone more knowledge jumps in.
There is definitely a gas smell, but no worse than my old ZX6r was with the full akra i had on it.

I think I heard that this may be a TPS or secondary butterfly issue. I know that I've seen this issue on the forum before. I take it there are no codes.
Correct, no codes show.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My bike does the same thing. I just bought it in Feb. it is a 09 with slip on and juicebox and 375 miles. It has no codes. It cant be bad fuel cause I put full tanks in it. I runs awesome but just sometimes when I come to a stop. Just wanted to say that your not the only one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts