Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, all I can say is what a blast! I thought it was going to me and a bunch of guy friends riding down and instead My wife, two teenage daughters and my 3 old packed into the CRV and hit the 3 hour treck from Chicago to Indy. Got in saturday night, swam at the hotel and then spent all day sunday at the track.
In summary, saw the 125, 250 and GP practices sessions, then the the 250 and GP races, during the 125 race we hit up the vendors and sponsor tents, took tons of pics, wore the soles off of our shoes, met Kathleen Hayden, (nickys baby sister) Holy crap she looks just like him.

Here are a couple pics, My wife and daughters are really not into bikes like my 3 year old and I are and they had a blast as well. I loved being able to spend time with the family at a biking event of this magnitude it meant alot to me.
Here are some pics, enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
I could only get to the track on Saturday afternoon, I know what you are talking about. I had a great time too with my GF, she couldn't get enough of the place, had to keep going round and round and make sure we didn't miss a thing (probably did anyways...) Just couldn't seem to find anybody from the forum there, only 1 guy that had a ZX10R.net t-shirt and he disappeared in the crowd so fast I couldn't even talk to him :dontknow:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Were you sitting in the J stand? Looks like you were just a few sections to the left of the one I was in! The highlight of the race for me was having Pedrosa crash right in front of me, then watching the track workers try and push start him :lol:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
poor guy

Were you sitting in the J stand? Looks like you were just a few sections to the left of the one I was in! The highlight of the race for me was having Pedrosa crash right in front of me, then watching the track workers try and push start him :lol:
Dani Pedrosa is like 5 foot 4 and like a buck 45 in weight, i felt so bad for him, he could barely pick up the bike. He had the single fastest lap times all weekend long, he was leading rossi prior to his lowside, then rossi lowsided in the grass and damaged his throttle and he was out. Pedrosa showed a ton of heart by catching up to and passing the last placers. by the end of the race, he is not a quitter thats for sure. Did you see the 250 race where that guy highsided and flipped his bike, he went down hard as hell and tumbled, that was rough. It was nice to see the american place high in the rankings regardless.

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
glad you had a great time!!! Had to work and as much as everyone doesn't like Pedrosa he rode with heart...He's been having a rough last few races though....

·
Registered
267 Posts
glad you had a great time!!! Had to work and as much as everyone doesn't like Pedrosa he rode with heart...He's been having a rough last few races though....
:+1: I dont think its Danny, but his damn manager Alberto Puig. Danny is a racer, as you said he has heart. Puig has been a thorn in the side of many people over the years, he almost ruined Stoners career, and the crap talking about Hayden was child like. Hayden was hamstrung at Honda because Puig demanded Honda build the bike around the little guy.
Sorry rant over..
I loved Indy this year........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts