Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm rebuilding my bike and I've come up with the idea of putting on the new gsxr tail on my 10r as I find it to be like nicest/cleanest tail I've ever seen. Now I know it isn't going to just bolt up, as that would be to awesome but how difficult would it be to do and how much would you think it would cost to do. How much you figure a shop to do it. I'm guessing 3 grand. I'm going to photoshop some images later.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
First it will look stupid in my mind. If you want the look of a Suzuki go buy one...So that's my opinion on that. But along the lines of modding your sub-frame and fitting a 09 gsxr1000 tail to it won't cost as much as you think. Yes you will have to make a one off sub-frame for your zx10r or mod the sub-frame so stuff lines up but other then that it won't be to hard. I would think if your mechanically incline and can weld and do plastic molding or bonding your in good shape. If your planning to take it to a shop I would think around $500-1000 easy might be spent not to mention painting the tail to color match your 10 etc...Good ideal but I would never do this to my zx10 man, its like spitting on it hahahaha

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just find the 09 gsxr tail very clean with everything built into the tail. Also where I live integrated turn signals are illegal(brake lamp that is).

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Then leave the tail light alone, take off your ugly stock rear fender thing and go to a shop and buy some very small little led's and mount them on a tag bracket and there you go a very clean look for nothing...

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I just find the 09 gsxr tail very clean with everything built into the tail. Also where I live integrated turn signals are illegal(brake lamp that is).
I wouldn't think it would be terribly expensive. My buddy fabbed up a new subframe for his gixxer 750 so he could put a gixxer 1000 tail on it...it is pretty cheap to do if you have access to the supplies. The tail itself will cost a bit depending on where you get it but you can find deals on Fleabay and whatnot.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Not sure why you would do this.....IMO, the ZX tail is WAY better looking, you just have to remove all the clutter, install a tinted integrated turn signal/brake light, move your tag/plate down low....and look how nice it looks.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
morefire don't get me wrong I would love to do what you've done its just that in bc it cannot be integrated. There's alot of bs. I mean some cops don't care but some do I just don't want the hassle. I mean I think I'll just leave it for now and have someone make a carbon monocoque tail later. I'm planning on just going all out on this bike, but I'd like to see what kawasaki does for 2011 before I make my decision.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Buy a 2nd gen :dontknow:

Mine came with signals integrated into the tail.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have to agree with you. The GSXR tail is very nice. I think it would look good. I also would do the work myself. Look at a parts break down and see whats needed and cost. Go for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
on the streetfighter forums people are constantly doing this. personally i like the 916 and cbr1000 tail but the gsxr's is a nice piece too. just go google streetfighter tail swap or something and you should be able to find a lot of info.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ive only had my 05 for a month and already decided i want the 2009 tail on it, but im lazy so i dont know if i will ever get around to doing it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts