Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the whole deal about ama for 2009 I've been hearing that suzuki is not racing cause of the rules :dontknow: anybody that keeps up with all the AMA thing going on?

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
bye bye, suzuki is full of shit. how can they even use the bad economy as an excuse. it sounds like someone has a poopy attitude because they didnt get their way and now there is a chance that they will not win every single race. i wish all this crap would stop and we could just get some good unrestricted all out superbike racing, its only fair-the rest of the world gets good racing why shouldnt we

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
as much as i hate to say it, but suzk do have a point. bikes evolve in racing and as soon as you stop it. its no longer worth watching. suzk won because they out spent, cheated everyone else. ama should had clamp down on suzk years ago for cheating, but there nothing stopping the other factories to spend more money on there bikes.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
how can they even use the bad economy as an excuse.
Suzuki just agreed to buy back the shares of Suzuki Motor that General Motors previously owned, for 230 million dollars. There's your connection to the economy. But ...

it sounds like someone has a poopy attitude because they didnt get their way and now there is a chance that they will not win every single race.
... I think this is the real reason.

i wish all this crap would stop and we could just get some good unrestricted all out superbike racing, its only fair-the rest of the world gets good racing why shouldnt we
DMG bent over to address the privateers who complained that they couldn't get the factory-special parts at any price. Guess what, now the factory teams are not happy about that. Can't please everyone. You cannot have it both ways.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
im not worried about privateer efforts, the riders in those teams allow their talent to do the speaking for them and as a result may get factory backing down the road. what i want to see is the big names do whatever they need to go faster and give the US some serious motorcycle racing. the dmg didnt just stop at offering everyone an equal chance; they leveled the plain, thus limiting evolution in favor of standardized machinery.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Bring on WSBK rules

The last thing needed is more classes, then you have basically the same bikes but with carbon bodywork and trick suspension, which only the factories or semi-factories will have anyway. Then you have the same scenario as recently with superbike/superstock. I want to see trick, unobtainable superbikes. The technology developed will trickle down to the privateers and eventually us. I'm with Suzuki and apparently Kawaski (I believe they've yet to commit to racing DMG also) on this one, adopt WSBK rules and eventually, you'll have WSBK caliber racing throughout the field. Either way, the outlook for seeing all the top riders next year seems rather slim. At least we have WSBK and hopefully Motogp to look forward to.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Honda has now pulled out their factory team, citing the financial situation.

Scuttlebutt has it that Kawasaki will pull out soon, leaving Yamaha, KTM, Aprilia, possibly BMW not sure, and privateers. Supposedly Suzuki will not even homologate their bikes, which will leave privateers running Suzuki in the lurch. Honda is continuing to support their affiliated teams, but no more factory team.

2009 will be ... interesting.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
For superbike they should follow wsbk rules and specs. Just more of a reason to watch world superbike which is the best racing out there imho anyway

·
Registered
858 Posts
I with most I think the state of the economy is an easy excuse for many of the factories to use. They are backing many other efforts around the world. But I see their point the value to them in the AMA series is all but gone. They have privateers to race their stock bikes so why do they need to spend tons of money to do it. Also it will be interesting to see how many more big names leave the US scene. I know that DMG is trying to level the playing field but we will see what the aftermath looks like with no factory teams. I think it was kinda simple to begin with all we had to do is migrate towards WSBK rules like many series.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts