Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know why...but I would like to have one in my garage along with my other bikes, not to replace my 10R, just in addition to.... :redface:

:diablo_an

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like every other bike...the stock exhaust would have to go.... but it looks good with the Akra.

It's just too bad the GSXR has become the squid shuttle of choice....I would probably be embarassed to ride one because of that.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have owned two 07 GIXXER 1000's and a Limited Edition Black 08 and no way would I consider one after owning a new gen 10.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have owned two 07 GIXXER 1000's and a Limited Edition Black 08 and no way would I consider one after owning a new gen 10.

Thats good to know!!
I am still in love with my 10R and wouldnt trade it for anything

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Buy a new '08 Honda 1000 RR for $6,500
Already got one :thumbsup:

I would LOVE to own 1 of each of the Jap bikes, but im not really interested in the new R1..... so that leave the GSXR to complete my collection.
ZX10R, CBR 1000RR..... GSXR 1000:wink:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Already got one :thumbsup:

I would LOVE to own 1 of each of the Jap bikes, but im not really interested in the new R1..... so that leave the GSXR to complete my collection.
ZX10R, CBR 1000RR..... GSXR 1000:wink:
Good call on not being interested in the R1

I owned the 09 R1 for 1 day and 168 km's and then back to the Dealer, I could not get off it fast enough!

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'll never buy another KTM:headshake

And I will be the first in line when Ducati makes a high reving inline 4 :wink:
Well Ducati kinda does, but much better then your average high reving inine 4.:mrgreen: Research Ducati Desmosedici :thumbsup:

·
Registered
648 Posts
And FYI the 1198's make every bit just as much horse power as the Jap inline 4's make AND make more in the Torque department!

·
Registered
648 Posts
So how does the Honda compare to the ZX in your opinion? Does she suck oil yet? I was very close to buying one.
No problems with the 1000rr yet, but it's still fairly new. Only got about 600 miles on it. One thing i do like about the honda over the kawi is the honda has better stock gearing vs the kawi and when i sit on them side by side the honda feels a bit more comfy and much smaller in size.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Honda does feel a little smaller, a little lighter and it leans over a little easier in turns... engine's power band feels smoother but doesnt have the turbocharged topend from 8000rpms + of the ZX10R....
IMHO, the ZX10R is WAAY more fun. The 10R has a snappier throttle responce, more fun power band and a little edgier ride. Maybe I just have more seat time on the ZX10R..but I feel faster on the 10R and feel the fun factor is higher on the 10R.

I do think the 1000RR is going to make a great track bike for me though, and I am sure I am going to have a blast next summer with it.
If I had to choose only 1, it would be the ZX10R for sure no questions asked.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Thats good to know!!
I am still in love with my 10R and wouldnt trade it for anything
I like the look of the 2010 GSXR1000 and I road a 2007 GSXR1000 and the suspension was very nice.

Remember no matter how cool they look.... There is nothing...nothing...nothing faster to 180MPH than the GEN III ZX10R.

That's a damb good feeling...:eek:ccasion1

1 - 20 of 30 Posts