Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's
I just recently picked up a 3gen bike and my roommate has a 09 Gixxer 1, do i have a chance at the drag strip 1/4 mile?
BTW i also have a Triumph Daytona 955i and my best time with it was a 10.75 stock with a slip on. So I'm not a newbie at the strip.
He said he was getting mid to low tens with his Gixxer the last time he went.
When I'll run my 10r it will be stock with a slip on thats it.
I really want to toast him cuz he says his bike is insane and talks alot of s**t and just want to put him in his place, if you know what i mean ;)
Or do i have to put alot of cash into my bike to compete?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Depends a lot on the rider...those bikes aren't jokes even though a lot of the people that ride them are:wink:

if you can run solid from a dig like you say...I could see you high 9's low 10's...:eek:ccasion1 If anything gear it out a little:thumbsup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like a couple up on the rear or one down on the front, is that what ya mean?
The only reason he got a GSXR1000 was because he heard it was 'the one'
He's a Yamaha guy but the numbers on the gixxer got him lured in.
I just want to say on the track, its not the bike but the rider, but back it up with results to.

·
5,932 Posts
^^^stock runs 17/41, you could run a 16/42 or 16/43 at the strip and be fine swb...I recommend strapping the front too...Good luck

·
Registered
190 Posts
tiedown straps, -1+2, slipon, drag tire=high 8sec in utah saw a guy run it 2 weels ago went and talked with him this was on a 06 dont know if there is a diffrence.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Damn that is very very good. I would plan on running high tens stock if you brought it to the track for the first time and maybe low 10s if you did -1 +2 and strapped. Maybe high 9s if your good at launching. Practice on some back roads though.

tiedown straps, -1+2, slipon, drag tire=high 8sec in utah saw a guy run it 2 weels ago went and talked with him this was on a 06 dont know if there is a diffrence.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
thats pretty hard to believe. extremely hard all motor swb. I wouldn't gear it that much. maybe +2 on the back at the most or it's gonna be pointing at the sky all the way down the track. plus you gear it to much and your gonna be loosing mph on the top end and with stock to stock you need the tallest gear you can take so it puts better mph down on the top half of the track. buy a strap first and see how it works

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the advice guy's!
I'm definitely going to look into a strap for sure.
My sprockets and chain are in real good shape so I'll try the stock set-up first, then go from there.
So the link pipe adds a fair amount to the seat of the pants feel then, or is it real power?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Defeinitely get a strap and lower it if you're serious about it. This will make the biggest difference. During a pass, the sooner you can make a difference the bigger impact it will have on the overall. My first pass on my 10 ever was stock gearing, lowered, strapped, m10 and I went 10.01 @ 146 with me about 185-190 unsuited.

·
Registered
190 Posts
uhg sorry guys the guy could have been lying to me but i am a trusting fool, so i will just belive that he is an incredable rider

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Stock height on your first run on the 10...look for 10's if you've dragged a couple times

someone done lied to your boy when they told him gsxr was the "one" I'll assume it was the salesman that told him, cause I'm sure the 05/06 gsxr's run the 1/4 better than any later year model gsxr with the same rider.

·
5,932 Posts
Stock height on your first run on the 10...look for 10's if you've dragged a couple times

someone done lied to your boy when they told him gsxr was the "one" I'll assume it was the salesman that told him, cause I'm sure the 05/06 gsxr's run the 1/4 better than any later year model gsxr with the same rider.
all about the rider and build...:wink:

·
Registered
40 Posts
NO one said anything about a high flow air filter... If you already have one it will aid in getting some air packed in the box....
Every 7lbs you shed off the bike is worth one 1hp to the ground.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do have a couple weeks before we go to the strip. Good thing too cuz my FI light just came on and its reading a 54. :eek:
So it looks like i have to check out coil #4, before i get much else done. :sad:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts