Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
My 08 just turned 32,000 miles and not one problem. I'm about to have complete tune up with valves checked. Last major tune up was at 16,000 and the valves were still within spec so no adjustment needed.

Stock it had some slight engine vibrations but adding a slip-on, link pipe and PC-V cleared up almost all vibes. These bikes are crazy fast and the PC-V with custom dyno tune pumped the HP up to 167 from 159.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Maybe a different set of clip-ons might make it more comfortable:dontknow:.
Your body will get used to the riding position after a while.
I hope you didn't ride for 4 hrs straight,cause anyone would be sore after that.
I only get a sore face now,from smiling too much.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I hope you didn't ride for 4 hrs straight,cause anyone would be sore after that.
yup it was four hours straight with break for fuel. It was raining like crazy, but bike handled better than my cruiser and zx14.

·
Registered
755 Posts
18k problem free here from mine.. Only issue i had was cracking the shift shaft when i lowsided it :wink:
Ive also heard of a few faulty regulators but didnt seem to be to widespread.. Other then that all good.. I love my gen 3:cool:

·
Registered
282 Posts
16k kms.

No issues.

Dropped twice, once on track, once car backed into it while parked. Fell on mirrors...didn't break just folded!!! Best mirrors ever on any sport bike (so i strongly disagree with the earlier post on bad mirrors).

I ride it in Toronto winters right up to an including a few snow days (snow on the grass but not road surface). That includes salt!

I use a light oil spray like interior trim spray, such as Armourall to repel water on the various nuts and bolts and plastic parts for the look of it. That seems to take care of the salt issue quite well.

Other than that it is the most problem free bike I have ever ridden, especially compared to the quick corroding Suzuki's in just rain riding!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Isn't it rich that "busaisbetter" bought a zx-10 and claims his zx-14 was the best bike ever?

Anyway, the solution for a 4 hour ride on a zx-10 is to not ride 4 hours on one (and I've basically done an iron-butt ride on mine). It's a track-focused machine, not a bloody touring bike. Ride the zx-14.

For the comment about the panel next to the tank being brittle, I flexed the crap out of it installing my Spiegler frame sliders and not a crack, warp, what-have-you. Not sure if that's the same panel or not.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Isn't it rich that "busaisbetter" bought a zx-10 and claims his zx-14 was the best bike ever?

Anyway, the solution for a 4 hour ride on a zx-10 is to not ride 4 hours on one (and I've basically done an iron-butt ride on mine). It's a track-focused machine, not a bloody touring bike. Ride the zx-14.

thanks captainhindsight- I had to ride the bike four hours bc it was located 4hrs from where i live. I doubt if majority of the owners ever take this bike to track (true for all bikes in general). Just like majority of the owners dont drag race zx14.

Captainhindsight aka cphp0, since you know everything about every rider, tell me when should i ride which bike? (for 30min ride, 1 hr ride etc. etc.)

·
Registered
332 Posts
:heyyou:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I rode mine for what ended up being a 22 hr day on a road trip once. Longest day of my life. :headshake

But it's got 30,000+ miles on it and not one single issue or breakdown. New battery, chain n sprockets, and the usual pm stuff (oil, filters, spark plugs) done as needed. Oh and she still looks brand new.. :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I forgot to mention: I guess it's a cheat, but I have a cramp buster and a throttlemeister. They helped accomplish that road trip. But other than that, the clipons are stock and the rear has been raised so there's a bit more forward lean. This is a recent pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts

thanks captainhindsight- I had to ride the bike four hours bc it was located 4hrs from where i live. I doubt if majority of the owners ever take this bike to track (true for all bikes in general). Just like majority of the owners dont drag race zx14.

Captainhindsight aka cphp0, since you know everything about every rider, tell me when should i ride which bike? (for 30min ride, 1 hr ride etc. etc.)
Clearly between 27 and 42 minutes, depending on weather.

Duh.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.