Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought the bike, ran fine for about 2 months. Was out riding last week and started to smell electrical burning. Took it home looked around for and kind of burnt wires pulled fairings seat ect. Took another ride a few days later and the bike dies on me, gauges go out first, head light dims, then the bike dies.

I got towed home.Pulled the stator cover and seen some coiled burnt, pulled the battery and it tested bad.

Replaced both, then test drove it, I stopped in a parking lot turned the bike off and it wouldn’t start again. Had to push start it to get it home. Tested the Reg/rectifier and it tested good.

Kinda at a loss here, I know the previous owner installed an LED glow set, but I wasn’t using it. It has an on/off switch. Could that by itself draw enough power that the battery isn’t charging?
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top