1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Poor thing :-(
Yeah I know.

damn! what happened?
Do you really gotta ask? I got off track in a fast turn carrying more speed than I should have. So I stood it up cause I was in the dirt got her slowed down and then the rear tire got into a rut which pitched the bike sideways and off I went. I was only going 25 when I got tossed so I'm relatively happy about it. I could have got tossed when I first got off track when I was doing more like 140 which would have been a major owie. Anyway the tank took most of the blow but it still holds gas it just needs some love the fairings where almost all cracked beyond repair so I took them off

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
why is it "salvage" if it was on the track?
Probably because some if not all insurance companies will cover an accident at a track day if it isn't a racing situation.
It is considered a high performance riding school type of thing.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Insurance does cover the track as long as your not racing.
hmm.. i thought the purpose of the track was to do just that - race:dontknow:

on that note, don't insurance companies deem the bike "salvage" only when there is something major wrong with it (i.e. frame, front end..)?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
hmm.. i thought the purpose of the track was to do just that - race:dontknow:

on that note, don't insurance companies deem the bike "salvage" only when there is something major wrong with it (i.e. frame, front end..)?
The purpose of the track is not just to race especially on you street bike when you have a track bike. You can practice many different techniques and also have an awesome time going faster than you can on the street in a much safer environment.

Once the damage done to the bike is worth more than the bike itself insurance will give you the "value" of the bike at which time you can buy it back from them with a salvage title. They go off dealership prices so its relatively easy to get the bike to total. For example tank 750ish and an hours labor to put it in covers a pretty decent chunk alone. That doesn't even mention all the fairings which are very expensive and the head light assembly. If you have good insurance they will also cover aftermarket parts if you have the receipts. Things like attack rear sets vortex clip-ons. akropovic full exhaust, aftermarket levers and so on even if they are just scratched because they have to return the bike to the condition it was in before the crash.

Hopefully that is helpful in answering your question.

On another note if you are trying to call me out because you think that the bike is not ride able or that I am trying to screw another member. I would appreciate you doing so through pm's. The bike rides just fine and the price reflects the damage and title at least I think so. KBB is 8500 for my zip and the asking price is less than half of that. If you seriously interested in the bike I can have everything checked professionally but that obviously will cost more money so ill split the cost with you and if its bad I'll refund you money.
If you have no interest in the bike then I would appreciate you leaving the thread alone.

I'm not here to screw anyone. If I was do you honestly think that I would have posted a picture with that tank on the bike. Or possibly I would have shoot another angle or put a new tank on and claimed the fairings where stolen or said nothing about the state of the title. Think about it man.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
relax dude! no need to start shit here. no need to bash me either. im simply here to get more info on the bike.

god, why is it so hard to talk to people these days...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
relax dude! no need to start shit here. no need to bash me either. im simply here to get more info on the bike.
god, why is it so hard to talk to people these days...
Im not trying to be hard to talk to but you basically called me out twice as though I was either lying about what happened or that I was trying to cheat someone. Im not a liar or a cheater so I was slightly offended but I think I answerd you question tactfully And appologize for my coment about the c group it has been removed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts