Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy just got a brand new gixxer and he was itching to get it on the highway against me. So we were riding the other day and he starts giving me the eye and I knew what it meant. We were probably doing 70-80mph both of us in 2nd gear when we started the pull. I got the jump in the start but it was short lasted, he continued to pull on me the entire time. I have never seen a bike pull on me that bad. Now I probably have at least 50 pounds on my buddy but I've raced smaller kids before and never had a problem. Both the bikes were more or less stock, besides the megaphones. I want to change my gearing to -1/+2 and see if it makes the difference.

·
Banned
262 Posts
So my buddy just got a brand new gixxer and he was itching to get it on the highway against me. So we were riding the other day and he starts giving me the eye and I knew what it meant. We were probably doing 70-80mph both of us in 2nd gear when we started the pull. I got the jump in the start but it was short lasted, he continued to pull on me the entire time. I have never seen a bike pull on me that bad. Now I probably have at least 50 pounds on my buddy but I've raced smaller kids before and never had a problem. Both the bikes were more or less stock, besides the megaphones. I want to change my gearing to -1/+2 and see if it makes the difference.
Hotbodies Megaphone = Problem!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Those two bikes come down to the rider and gearing, all things being equal it should be neck to neck.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I raced a 08 gsxr 1000 last week for say 80-90 kph 2nd gear roll and pulled on him no problem even gave him a bit of a head start which really didn't help him much. 50 pounds is quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
heard u lose power with the Hotbodies Megaphone.. plus the 50 lbs.. my 07 zx10 and a 09 1000 race all the time i always pull same mods but i have a brocks alienhead exhaust and he has yoshi i believe.. might be faster with the stock exhaust back on

·
Registered
49 Posts
What is so fun about it? I guess I just dont understand. It doesnt prove anything at all and it puts other people in a dangerous position

·
Registered
195 Posts
Lol...here we go. The thread police are out.

V-Dub
Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
There nothing wrong with controlled street racing. Not around cars. This is in reference to straight line. And personally my local track is more dangerous than the street, and I'm not kidding.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Stock for stock a gsxr is geared lower I believe. I'm -2,+2 and buddys 1000 is -1, +2 and his back sprocket has a higher tooth count while were both at 15 up front. That will have some effect

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Touche

1 - 20 of 38 Posts