Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody ! my name is Emanuel,Im a bike mechanic,and streetfighter fabricator,Live in Buenos AIres,Argentina.Searching on the web I have found this excelent page about the zx10,and I would like to ask all of zx10 owners here, the following:This costumer of mine,call me and told me about this serious
engine problem in his bike,It has very few miles on it,the other day he was cruising at Very low speed and his motor started to make some noises and stopped right away,then he looked at the engine and.... a connecting rod was saying Hi from outside the upper engine crankcase!!! just behind the exhaust collector ,He couldnt believed,since he treat his bike nicer than his girlfriend.
A few days later a couple of friends tell him that another 2 more bikes went down the same way!!!!!! Im picking up the bike this week,Ill post pics of the process so all of view can see. Does anyone heard about this???
Take Care!!!
Ps;sorry about my english!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hi Everybody ! my name is Emanuel,Im a bike mechanic,and streetfighter fabricator,Live in Buenos AIres,Argentina.Searching on the web I have found this excelent page about the zx10,and I would like to ask all of zx10 owners here, the following:This costumer of mine,call me and told me about this serious
engine problem in his bike,It has very few miles on it,the other day he was cruising at Very low speed and his motor started to make some noises and stopped right away,then he looked at the engine and.... a connecting rod was saying Hi from outside the upper engine crankcase!!! just behind the exhaust collector ,He couldnt believed,since he treat his bike nicer than his girlfriend.
A few days later a couple of friends tell him that another 2 more bikes went down the same way!!!!!! Im picking up the bike this week,Ill post pics of the process so all of view can see. Does anyone heard about this???
Take Care!!!
Haven't heard of many 3rd gens taking a shit yet. There is a guy on the board that had a spark plug break and destroy his motor. Please post back your findings. I am sure some other members will post if they have heard of anymore.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a lot guys i cant wait to tear apart that engine!
What do you mean with "first gen ,third gen????

·
Registered
772 Posts
thanks a lot guys i cant wait to tear apart that engine!
What do you mean with "first gen ,third gen????
1st gen 04-05

2nd gen 06-07

3rd gen 08-10

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
they are reffering to years

04-05 = 1st gen
06-07 = 2nd gen
08-10 = 3rd gen

I would tell him to bring it to the shop, maybe if all three of them bring it to the same dealer the akwi rep will shurly know that something is wrong with maybe a batch of bikes, warrenty should for sure cover it!

Sounds like a bad batch possibly...

The only thing I have heard is that there have been a few voltage regulators go bad but thats been bikes locally in south florida.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jajaj warranty?? what is that? in this country? First of all ,bikes here cost much more than
in usa,for example,cbr600rr u$s 19500 zx10 almost 22 grand,thats why this guy is so pissed off,second,Belive me,you dont wanna take them to "oficial dealers" they are so full of shit,of course if you dont do it,the lame warranty void,they charge you like $200 bucks for service ,and they dont even change your oil,or if you take your own oil to them,they put a cheap oil in your beloved bike and keep the good one.Another thing here is that the money change sucks too i just said 200 bucks ,but here ,thats like 800 pesos and belive me ,an average salary goes for 2000-2500 pesos! I lived in California an Vegas for about 15 years,and when i have to come back here due to family issues,i got so depress............this country is beautiful,the probles is the mentality of some people..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and i dont wanna start talking about parts.......maaaaaaaaannnn!!!!! it is almost impossible
to get them,nobody wants to put money to stock some essential parts,the other day i went to 20 stores to find a cbr600f2 (1994) head gasket and cost me 200 dollars!!this bike costs 10000 dollars here!!!for any stuff you order have to wait 60 days at least,thats why there are so many stolen bikes,and sometimes you dont have another option but to buy them

·
Registered
742 Posts
Take Care!!!

Hi from another local around you :cool:

Something fishy there man..
May be.. you'll find he treats his girlfriend really bad LOL
I'm not saying the case it's not possible, but rather strange.

Three bikes with catastrophic conn rod failure at low revs? :headshake We both know where this bikes are usually tested (cañuelas road 3) at 196+ mph..

A connecting rod will break under extreme load/rpm, or if it locks up in the crankshaft after a spun bearing or suspicious oil broken film (adulterated?)
Other factors like the case of the broken spark plug the fellow mentioned, or a cut valve may/may happen but seems not likely on three bikes on a row.

Your findings will be interesting. Let us know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jaja que paso sexta a fondo,ese nick tenia que ser de un porteño!
No ,ive found that the others two bikes were broken in different situations,so im expecting
to found the origin of the failure in this one,the engine is on the autopsy table right now,looks VERY nasty from outside lets see what happen inside
i think tomorrow upload some pics.

·
Registered
742 Posts
No ,ive found that the others two bikes were broken in different situations,so im expecting
to found the origin of the failure in this one,the engine is on the autopsy table right now,looks VERY nasty from outside lets see what happen inside
i think tomorrow upload some pics.
I heard from a trusted source that some stupid guy started his (09) 10R and revved it up hard to the limiter on an absolutely cold engine and one conn rod jumped out to say :hello: I'm here, from a hole in the engine crankcase
so everything CAN happen in dumb's world :donkey1:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hi guys,sorry about the delay,got some pics to upload but dunno how?
It ask me for an http address????

·
Registered
152 Posts
i either load my photos onto the gallery section, or i will load them onto my photobucket album and from either one of those you can use the http:// address

1 - 20 of 34 Posts