Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering If anybody know's the actual weight difference between the Stanless Steel Race system and the Ti. system? Also does anybody know for sure If there Is or Isn't a HP gain between the two? I searched my part# on the Akra site and It keep's telling me no match's found. So I'm unable to make or read about a real comparison. Hopefully some of you guy's have dynoed each and can give me an Idea! My race system gave me 6.7 hp and 1 ft.lb. tk's

·
Registered
629 Posts
Just wondering If anybody know's the actual weight difference between the Stanless Steel Race system and the Ti. system? Also does anybody know for sure If there Is or Isn't a HP gain between the two? I searched my part# on the Akra site and It keep's telling me no match's found. So I'm unable to make or read about a real comparison. Hopefully some of you guy's have dynoed each and can give me an Idea! My race system gave me 6.7 hp and 1 ft.lb. tk's
The Evolution titanium full system is 3 pounds lighter than the Race system... I have no idea about the differences in HP gains between the two, but I would expect there to be none, as the overall design of the headers and muffler are identical between Titanium and Steel.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
The Evolution titanium full system is 3 pounds lighter than the Race system... I have no idea about the differences in HP gains between the two, but I would expect there to be none, as the overall design of the headers and muffler are identical between Titanium and Steel.
:+2: same bends and everything! just different metal=weight is the key factor!

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
No difference in power at all me and gixxer160 bike make roughly the same power. He's got a the ss system I have the evo cz system. He did find out though if you have a the akra full system and replace the canister with a canister that has the same inlet and outlet diameters you'll pick up roughly 2hp and 1 ft lb of torque. Canister he made was also the same length as the original can with the system. This was dyno proven not butt dyno.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From everything I have read this was pretty much the conclusion I came up with as well, but just wondered If there was anything I had missed. Trying to justify buying the Ti model, but Is It worth the three pound's! I can buy alot of Carbon Fiber to shed that three pound's for the money the exhaust Is gonna cost me. Tk's for your Input!

·
Registered
629 Posts
From everything I have read this was pretty much the conclusion I came up with as well, but just wondered If there was anything I had missed. Trying to justify buying the Ti model, but Is It worth the three pound's! I can buy alot of Carbon Fiber to shed that three pound's for the money the exhaust Is gonna cost me. Tk's for your Input!
It's even easier than that! Do like me and cut out that fettucini alfredo for a month and no in n out burger either and you SAVE money in that month and shed 10 pounds off the bike! (you) lol! :)

But seriously though, 3 pounds, especially down low is not very significant unless you're racing, but weight savings is usually an effort that spans several areas on the bike to come up with an overall weight savings that IS significant. 3 pounds really is nothing but swap out that stock exhaust for a titanium full system, marcesini wheels, lightweight rotors, brembo calipers, 520 chain, aluminum sprocket, race battery, carbon fiber, rearsets, passenger peg removal, titanium bolts, and then you're looking at 30-35 pounds shed and even for street riding, you'll feel that. It's all cumulative...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol Bar end's are almost 3 lb's themselve's. It all add's up though. tk's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts