Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I attach the coil test from the service manual. Follow the steps exactly. You will need a multimeter. If everything is ok it looks like you will need an ECU. You don't have 2 years warranty over there? If you need any help let me know.
had i known i was going to have this much trouble with it i would have bought an extended warranty! i have never had any trouble from any of my past bikes though. can i pull diagnostic codes from my bike with out a scan tool? if so could how? thanks! oh yeah, the coil checks good but i swapped it to cyl 3 from cyl 4 and was going to see if the code went to a 53 which would be cyl 3 since i moved it from 3 to 4. also where can i get a deal on a service manual?

·
Registered
10 Posts
i dont think anyone has mentined this, but perhaps it has something to do w/ ethanol gas. this stuff only has a 90 day shelf life and it east up rubber components in your fuel system. you might also run some top end cleaner to help clean up the injectors. gl w/ the bike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hy,
I am relatively new here and could not resist to say something. I own a shop in Croatia and I had similar issues with a couple bikes and in the end it turned out it was a pin pulled out of the ECU connector. I would check that. Good luck!

·
Registered
945 Posts
i dont think anyone has mentined this, but perhaps it has something to do w/ ethanol gas. this stuff only has a 90 day shelf life and it east up rubber components in your fuel system. you might also run some top end cleaner to help clean up the injectors. gl w/ the bike
Didn`t Know that, Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
got a service manual downloaded today so i think i am on the right track! thanks for all the help and suggestions guys, i'll keep ya posted!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
what about if you called Kawi directly. Being how your bike doesn't have that many miles, maybe they might be able to help you out by allowing you to purchase a warranty. BE nice and polite but firm. I used to have a 04 Triumph Daytona 955i and in 2006 started having massive problems with the motorcycle. Ended up calling Triumph and they allowed me to purchase an additional year of warranty to help wit the issues by bike was having..Give it a try

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hy,
I am relatively new here and could not resist to say something. I own a shop in Croatia and I had similar issues with a couple bikes and in the end it turned out it was a pin pulled out of the ECU connector. I would check that. Good luck!
:smile:FOUND THE PROBLEM WITH THE BIKE 2 DAY!!!!! it was indeed a wire pulled out of the connector going to the ecu! re-installed the wire and problem solved!! thanks for all your help guys! good to be riding again! sucks that i have to go back to work in a week now and have wasted alot of my riding time working on it!

·
Registered
463 Posts
:smile:FOUND THE PROBLEM WITH THE BIKE 2 DAY!!!!! it was indeed a wire pulled out of the connector going to the ecu! re-installed the wire and problem solved!! thanks for all your help guys! good to be riding again! sucks that i have to go back to work in a week now and have wasted alot of my riding time working on it!
now go get your 500 back from the dealer. Some guy half a world a way never seeing your bike fixed it.

good going Zoki!!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
CONGRATS. Ride SAFE

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Props to Zoki, :eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Rep sent to Zoki!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Good to know thanks. I found mine was a coil this time but will remember this for as long as I keep the bike. Those days are now numbered low though.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts