Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
its been said from a track experience by bkninja that the 07 gixxer pulls away from the 06 10r on the straights. i imagine life just got harder for the second gen w the release of the 08 gsxr

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
From word around the forums those Zuk's are pretty damn fast...how would a 16t front sprocket on the 10's compare to the GSX-R? I think the 10's come with the highest gearing from the factory don't they?

Dumber question...how does a 2007 ZX-10R compare to a 2007 1000RR in a straight line?

·
Registered
971 Posts
I did a track session last year, std gearing on my 06. I ate the 07 Blade for breakfast down the straight. The 07 GSXR, we seemed kind of even but we never did head to head runs really.

Also, I'm a scrawny shite and the guy on the Gixxer was about 25kg's heavier...

My 1c...

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Those 2 are completely even. They both make about the same hp&tq.

·
Registered
561 Posts
From word around the forums those Zuk's are pretty damn fast...how would a 16t front sprocket on the 10's compare to the GSX-R? I think the 10's come with the highest gearing from the factory don't they?

Dumber question...how does a 2007 ZX-10R compare to a 2007 1000RR in a straight line?
Judging by this post:

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42978&highlight=stock+wheel+weight

It would seem to be a riders race.

I love how it seems to me that everyone on this board thinks the ZX10R is automatically a faster bike than a Gixxer of the same year. I love my bike and dislike Gixxers but comon.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Those Suzuki's just demand respect, no matter who rides them, squid or not. I don't really like other bikes much, I pretty much bleed Kawi but I'm not a dumbshit...Yamaha's are nice bikes no doubt, but I don't ever think their motors would do it for me, I'm a guy who's big into torque and wild ride, best served by the ZX-10R's. I've never liked Honda's much, I respect them in a sense that they are well built bikes, but when too many people refer to them as the easiest bike to ride then yeah...not for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts