Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to find pictures of one that has the lower fairings painted and the rear hugger and the little black fairing all painted the blue to match to see if it looks good. thanks for any help

·
Registered
60 Posts
That seems to have none of it done:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Here is a photoshop (thanks lucky) of how I want mine to look, should be similar to what you want minus the hugger...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Yeah, I plan to do the hugger too when I do it, but will likely get a one piece belly pan and do it that way, white wheels at next tire change.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you everyone i think its time to look into getting it all painted

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Yeah I'm blacking out mine, cant wait, I had a photoshop done and I'm taking it in when I have the money to get my lowers gloss/ebony black along with some other pieces...

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Yes it did, thats why I put mine back on for the time being!! But I'm getting mine cut down and painted along with some other fairings on my bike!!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Yes, it is a 6r hugger...

·
Registered
137 Posts
The boom-box cover gets VERY hot, so I think normal paint wouldn't last too long on it as it comes, and I think that's why Kawasaki didn't paint that piece on the green/white/black '09s even though the rest of the lower fairing is green (it looks dumb IMHO).

My proposed solution will be to get (or make) a link pipe with brackets to eliminate the boom-box but keep the cover. I believe the reduction in size and mass and the increase in distance from the hot parts will seriously reduce the heat put on that cover, allowing that sexy blue to hold up on there as well as anywhere.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
The boom-box cover gets VERY hot, so I think normal paint wouldn't last too long on it as it comes, and I think that's why Kawasaki didn't paint that piece on the green/white/black '09s even though the rest of the lower fairing is green (it looks dumb IMHO).

My proposed solution will be to get (or make) a link pipe with brackets to eliminate the boom-box but keep the cover. I believe the reduction in size and mass and the increase in distance from the hot parts will seriously reduce the heat put on that cover, allowing that sexy blue to hold up on there as well as anywhere.
Like I said, I am going to wait till I get a one piece belly pan (which will necessitate the use of the Akra link pipe) and paint that...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts