Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my bodywork this Friday and installed it last night. Very nice quality and a good balance inbetween strength and being light. The primer is so nice I think a good wash to remove the mold release and some scotchbrite is all you need to prep for paint. I also sprung for the "optional" kit ecu tray (for my kit ecu) and the seat tray. If you don't run a kit ecu, you won't need the tray. To mount the bodywork, you can just drill holes in the center of the bolt locations and trust that it will fit. This stuff is that nice. The only exception to this is for the ecu tray. I had to raise mine up to make installation of the superbike tail easier.

My only complaints:

1: Had to trim the upper a little bit near the frame cause it was rubbing in a couple spots.

2: The superbike seat support bases are a little too short. I had to glue on a Home Depot paint stick to the bottom of these points to stop it from flexing when I sat on it.

Not really a big deal and this may vary from bike to bike. Overall I give them a 9/10. This stuff isn't cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
SOunds good man i am going to buy their glass for my 2004 ZX10R suzuka project bike..
and damn their glass is light

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,532 Posts
Nice...
Im waiting on some cheaper plastics since my 08 will only run A-Super Stock. I like the look and fit of it...post more pics as you progress with paint and stuff.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Could you post a pic off the top of the ecu tray? I put my kit ecu in and it's a mess, I pulled the exhaust valve motor and still a tight fit with the stock tray.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you post a pic off the top of the ecu tray? I put my kit ecu in and it's a mess, I pulled the exhaust valve motor and still a tight fit with the stock tray.
You need a kit ecu tray. $30. The sub harness (an extension really) puts so much wire in there that you have to move back the whole assembly in the sub frame. If someone is using stock bodywork, I really don't know if all that stuff will fit in there with a brake light.:dontknow:

Hang on and I'll post up a pic.:cool:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the headlights...I just hate the mirrors, although they work really well.

Here's the kit ecu installed with Attacks tray. Note how far back you have to move everything and I think I reversed the rubber cradle holder thingy. Can't remember exactly, I've been thrashing lately.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Thanks P! Sorry about hassling you with all the ?'s . Going to want to see pics of the final product!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Ok what paint are you going with here :dontknow: Looks good bro, are you gonna be in Vegas for the WERA event for April :dontknow:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
O.K., here's the finished product. I painted it myself and just used soapy water and red scotchbrite to prep it. I don't recommend this method with any other bodywork. I know it's a little dirty, but I just unloaded it from WERA/Vegas and yes, that is a scrape on the right rear lower from dragging it on a candy stripe berm. It was a little tight once going into turn 1 on a start. A racebike isn't a racebike until it has a little rash. Sorry to break it to ya Milwood!:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Look Sharp!!:thumbsup:

·
Superbike Racer
219 Posts
Thanks for the info regarding the Kit ECU. I understand you are using it with the stock harness and stock display/meter in front. You just ordered the Kit ECU and the adapterharness against the original harness right? Did you also have to order a relay to make it all work?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts