Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone provide me with some instructions on how to install the Ivans TRE for the 2008-09 10r? I attempted to locate some instructions on this, but unfortunately I wasnt able too. I did see some in the HOW-TO section for a 2004-05, so can anyone give me a blow by blow on this?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I've got a Healtech XTRE I just installed. Not sure how much different Ivans is. I'm sure someone will help.

If not, post a couple pics and maybe we can figure it out.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I also found a post by the so called "original inventor" in a LOCKED thread on Kawi Forums where he admits it doesn't do anything on 2006-2009 except the fuel cut.
Care to provide a link?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I put in a good ride this past Sunday. 1st ride with the XTRE hard setting. Not very impressed. I really couldn't tell much, if any difference.

Gains are definately minimal. At least with my setup.

I will be keeping mine though.

Would I recommend a TRE? Don't think so.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'm officially confused now. I thought the TRE was supposed to be the dogs balls... It seems like a really popular mod. Maybe I won't get one for my 2nd gen. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Sorry about the confusion fellas.

My $.02 is that the TRE isn't worth the money with my setup. Full exhaust, Bazzaz, BMC filter, no secondary flies, etc. My bike runs really well compared to it's stock set up. Way different actually.

Maybe a TRE makes a more noticable difference on a closer to stock setup.

Another thing is, you won't find many people that will admit (even to themselves) that something they bought and installed on their bike isn't the greatest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts