Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after being sick of buying parts to keep my 97 ZX7R on the road I decided to get the finds together and buy a newer bike. I wanted a liter bike that was newer, reliable, and comfortable to me, and could wheelie easy (ZX7R had a planted front end which won't come up). I had been scared off of newer bikes after trying an R1 last year that felt crazy tall (I'm 5'6" and was tiptoing). But this time I tried an 06 R1 and it felt perfect, but the dealer fees scared me off. So I went to a cheaper bike shop and mostly just does repairs but happens to have like 20 bikes for sale, and I saw this thing which I had seen in the ad. It was beautiful. Exactly want I wanted, and it looked clean and simple but not boring and stock. I took it for a ride, came back and bought it. It had a couple of lil issues but I talked down the price and was good. It's got just under 11k miles on it, and shorty exhaust which is crazy loud, and it doesn't have the ridiculous SE flames on it (pics coming soon).

Attachments

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Great looking 2nd Gen. Love the red rims on those Special Editions .:ayyy:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,332 Posts
Welcome to the party pal! Again. :wink:

:welcome:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Dang, nobody likes those ridiculous pin stripe flames but me. I looked hard for a SE G2 but honestly i lucked out and ended up with my fave color anyway. :biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I was looking for a liter bike and this was honestly the best looker of the bunch. Saw a very clean R1, but it looked so plain compared to this one.

Lol. And sorry but no, those pinstripes were pretty bad.

Got some red long levers that match all the other red parts. Love this bike. Can't wait to get comfortable enough with it to wheelie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts