Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well yesterday I went with a buddy of mine to pick up his new R6 race version from the stealership and I rode it home for him because he hasn't been on a bike in 10 years. My first impression was that it was a very good looking bike, and as I got on and started to ride, it has a very comfortable riding possition, and the suspension seemed nice. Brakes were solid but could have more adjustability as it is the same lever as all R1-R6's from 04-06 same system for that matter(which is outstanding). But in my own oppinion that's where the pro's end.
After riding on a 10 for the past 3 years, holy sh!t what a loss in power. The bike was very heavy for a 600cc bike, it actually felt heavier than my 10r. The shifting lever is way too low and is very tight to the peg, which was very hard to get to even in street shoes. I'm sure it is a much more aggressive bike when you get it higher in the rpm's but I was just riding it home and never got it above 55mph and 6500 rpms, and it doesn't even redline until 16500 rpm so that is a very wide range of power that I never encountered. Over all bike seemed nice but could be put on a diet or weight control though and it definately needs a little more low end power.

All in all it is a very nice bike, with some mods and upgrades it could be a lil' monster.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Well yesterday I went with a buddy of mine to pick up his new R6 race version from the stealership and I rode it home for him because he hasn't been on a bike in 10 years. My first impression was that it was a very good looking bike, and as I got on and started to ride, it has a very comfortable riding possition, and the suspension seemed nice. But in my own oppinion that's where the pro's end. After riding on a 10 for the past 3 years, holy sh!t what a loss in power. The bike was very heavy for a 600cc bike, it actually felt heavier than my 10r. I'm sure it is a much more aggressive bike when you get it higher in the rpm's but I was just riding it home and never got it above 55mph and 6500 rpms, and it doesn't even redline until 16500 rpm so that is a very wide range of power that I never encountered. Over all bike seemed nice but could be put on a diet or weight control though and it definately needs a little more low end power.
Yeah it's made and designed around track/race use so i am not shocked you didnt like it on the street. Great, great bike though on the track.:wink:

·
Registered
235 Posts
interesting that you say it felt heavy. I found with my 07 6r that yeah it barely has power low down. And the magic numbers are all over 9000 rpm. So while breakin her in things are very boring... but goodness me, after the bike is run in.... *big eyes*!!!!

Oh and it is a 600, it will never be a 1000. so saying that, you really have to ride it like a 600... and when you do, it will make your heart race more than any 1000 can make you feel

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
What do you mean by race version, there is only one version of the R6, there is a r6S that is just a older model carryd over, and there is the yzf600R which is a even older modle 600 carried over.

R6's are anything but heavy!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Very tall bike... had the same problem had to lean it over to sit on it.. Been tooling around town on the ol laides bike 07 gsxr6 it is slower than shit but it is probley the most Comfortable bike i have ever been on. I dont do any track riding and pretty much just ride my 10 around town.. thinking I should sell the 10 so someone who will beable to track ride it or take it out into the middle of no where and ride.. To fast for my town.. Looking to maybe get into a zx6 again dono

·
Registered
495 Posts
Bike prolly feels heavy cause the spring is too soft for his weight and he is floating the front. I know my girls R6s is the lightest and fastest turner I have ever ridden by far!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Very tall bike... had the same problem had to lean it over to sit on it.. Been tooling around town on the ol laides bike 07 gsxr6 it is slower than shit but it is probley the most Comfortable bike i have ever been on. I dont do any track riding and pretty much just ride my 10 around town.. thinking I should sell the 10 so someone who will beable to track ride it or take it out into the middle of no where and ride.. To fast for my town.. Looking to maybe get into a zx6 again dono
Rode both gsxr 600 & a r6....friends have them. Gsxr is slow, i couldnt even get the wheel up, you gotta use alot of rpm & I aint wit that sht! The R6 is a tall bike but that was a bad lil bike! Leaning on it is scary if you not use to it. Alot better than any other 6 IMO.....havnt rode the zx-6r though & honda dont even count.

·
Registered
415 Posts
i had a friends 06 r6 last year while he was away for 2 months,i can see why the guy who started this thread said it was powerless cuz it is till you get to 8500-9000 rpms then watch out,that little fuggar screams top end an pulls pretty hard,as a matter of fact i really enjoyed scootin around on it,i found myself wide open throttle most of the time ,but you gotta stay high in the revs to have fun on this bike.In stock form the bike is tall as hell cuz im 5'11" 205 lbs an i was on my toes.Oh an also i raced my wifes cousin in the 1/4 ,he has an 06 cbr 1000,an i aired his ass out twice in a row,but i am a better rider than him,wholeshots at 10,000 grand are fun as hell.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What do you mean by race version, there is only one version of the R6, there is a r6S that is just a older model carryd over, and there is the yzf600R which is a even older modle 600 carried over.

R6's are anything but heavy!
Yes, I know this. There are two models for 2007 of the R6. There is the R6S and then the normal R6. The dealership was just calling the new R6 "the race version". LoL My original post was just based off of my opinion of riding the bike home from the stealership and is no way based off of anything else because I have never had a chance to take it through it's pace's since it isn't mine. To me though the bike seemed heavy (lean it at a stand still and you will know what I am talking about) and tall as everyone else is pointing out. Just IMO.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
441 Posts
i like the new r6 in every way but i wasnt crazy about the power either even at 16000 rpms i know its a 600 but my friends 05 636 feels like it has more pull. to me anyway.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had a 05 636 full acro PC3 slammed... and it was sick. I could eat up just about any 600 around.... friend got a 05 gsxr 750 and smoked it as well... Now The girl has a gsxr 6 and that should be named molasses because that sum bitch melts into the road... SLOW SLOW SLOW

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Well I think that Yamahas if the R6 has the feel my R1 had then I can see why you say its tall. Yamaha raises the height in the rear on thier bikes to put more wieght over the fron't of the bike. It then turns real well and quick. As for the GSXR 600 I have an 05 and I love ringing the hell out of it. It is no where near as fast as my 05 636 though. But we will soon see how this works out seeing I just picked up a full Tri oval exhaust Ti system and PCIII tonight for GAXR 600. Will have to see how fast the little bugger is.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
haha i hate the third gen r6 and the 07r1's thats why im going to kawi. dont get me wrong i love my 03r6 but the passion stopped there. the new r6's just are street friendly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts