Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
I think it's a beautiful bike and I love the red. Problem is that it just does not have the balls out rush of speed of the ZX or the Gixxer. And since we all know that Gixxers are, well.. for SQUIDS! The only logical choice is the ZX. R1 is a looker though!

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zx10ragentblack said:
no thanks, i actually liked the older model better...Now the new R6...that thing is sexy:thumbsup:
Agreed, the R6 is the prettiest bike on the road methinks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Wasn't there supposed to be a whole host of internal engine changes? I remember something about patents flying around etc.

·
Registered
614 Posts
BigDally said:
...if there are, we'll prolly still have to wait a bit longer before all is told...

D
Ah yes, here we go. I thought it was old news, and it is.

http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mcn18fu.jpg

http://v3.espacenet.com/origdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=EP1655464&F=0&QPN=EP1655464

The first link is to a bit of a story, the second is to the actual patents they put out for the '07 R1 engine etc.

1. Two Exup Valves - one controlling crossover between exhaust secondary pipes.

2. 5 valve head dropped, back to 4 valves, secondary fuel injectors.

3. Fly by wire throttle like on R6 with programmable rate of opening will also blip the throttle automatically on down shifts, Slipper clutch, quickshift ignition killer built into ECU

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
dont like the headlights and intake look, and talk about a bottom roaster for the yam ridin 2 up, theres practically nothing to sit on(which has nothin to do with track days or carvin).:badteeth:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
djblacksuperman said:
:dontknow: everything that looks good 4 ya.... aint necessarily good 4 ya.... ive got an 03... i like it... but the new 10r is where its at 4 me...
i had an 02 R1. looks dont mean shit, i want handling and good brakes, which i know are 2 things yammie has. my 10r has gobs of power, but doesnt handle nearly as well as any yammie ive track'd. :dontknow:

im trying to figure out a way to keep the 10 and put a new R1 in the garage also. :beer:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts