Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well One of our very own zx-10r.net boys, Ruthless Racing did an outstanding job this past weekend. I'll let him give you all the details. I will tell you guys this he is the only kawi in the ss 1000 class this year. He's doing a great job. Looks to be a very good season.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I wish I would have known you were over there. Im not but 40 minutes away and came close to going but decided against it. If I would have known other forum members were there I would of went.

·
Registered
482 Posts
alright guys im gonna spoil it............kenny made it to the semi-finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooooohhoooooooooooo GO KENNY congrats

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Lil Sal said:
alright guys im gonna spoil it............kenny made it to the semi-finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooooohhoooooooooooo GO KENNY congrats

bastid had to spoil it :thefinger any hoot that is awesome RR, your getting better every year.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Trying to step my game up this year in Prostar and hopefully win the championship!!!

I've had the SuperSport prepped 06 since late Dec. and haven't had much testing and the testing I was doing was making me very discouraged because I had ran better numbers on my 04. Well first race of the seaon I'm pumped as usual and get to do some much needed testing on Friday, but still haven't figured the bike out. Sat. rolls around and me and gaugelane(crew chief) :mrgreen: decide to change the gear from 17/40 to 17/39 and take the 04 clutch out and go with the 06. First quailfing pass in S/ET bam 9.34 at 153. The bike felt good, so now for the real class 1000SS I click off a 9.24 at 151 which puts me on the pole on top of all the zuks!!! :mrgreen: Lee Shierts bumped me to number 2 spot in second rd. with a 9.19 and thats where we started. I made it down to 3 bikes and put myself out with a wheelie, but anyways got to get more seat time so I can stay consistent.
The next race is in Commerce if ya'll can come out to the Prostar race and holla at me. :helmet:

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
When is Commerce? We will probably ride up again this year if I'm off work.

Tread

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Tread70 said:
When is Commerce? We will probably ride up again this year if I'm off work.

Tread
March 31st and April 1st :thumbsup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Guys one thing RR didn't mention is the fact he was back ½ ing the hell out of the zuk's. As many of you may know the kawi has a higher center of gravity. This means harder to launch with stock wheel base. RR is having to be a much better rider to run the same times.(which he is doing and then some) :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hey RR, I'm sure you've seen Barry Hensson's post about the dyno nubers of the 07 GSXR over on Psychobike. I've read that the 06 07 10's were putting down the "same" number's. Do you think there going to have anymore backhalf mph. over you?
I finnaly sat on one today, and couln't help but notice that them zuk boys are going to have to learn how to launch themselfes a hydraulic clutch.:BangHead:
It sucks on the Honda. Guess the busa and 14 already have em though so we'll just have to see.:popcorn:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TX-954 said:
Hey RR, I'm sure you've seen Barry Hensson's post about the dyno nubers of the 07 GSXR over on Psychobike. I've read that the 06 07 10's were putting down the "same" number's. Do you think there going to have anymore backhalf mph. over you?
I finnaly sat on one today, and couln't help but notice that them zuk boys are going to have to learn how to launch themselfes a hydraulic clutch.:BangHead:
It sucks on the Honda. Guess the busa and 14 already have em though so we'll just have to see.:popcorn:
man the zuki guys are sweating the clutch. power means shit if you can't use it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts