Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
164 at the wheels that is what they said at the star MotorCycle school this weekend they had 2 of them out there. Remember its a heavy bike so they can have the few hps but I will have the lighter bike.

·
Registered
777 Posts
oh geez here we go. everybody pick a side - "the suzuki is ugly/heavy, the dyno reads high, etc" or "the kawi has more power, handles better, etc". face it, it's newer than whatever you're riding so it's probably better. unless kawasaki is sending you a paycheck just get over it and be happy with the fact that motorcycles from EVERY mfgr are getting better and better every year.

·
Registered
227 Posts
rabbit said:
oh geez here we go. everybody pick a side - "the suzuki is ugly/heavy, the dyno reads high, etc" or "the kawi has more power, handles better, etc". face it, it's newer than whatever you're riding so it's probably better. unless kawasaki is sending you a paycheck just get over it and be happy with the fact that motorcycles from EVERY mfgr are getting better and better every year.
Not that more top end BHP = Better. I wonder what the mid range is like? It's just more willy waving

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
They just got one of the new 07's Gixxers in stock here at one of our local dealers.

As with any progression I am sure it will make more than enough power to make most people happy in the beginning, but as with any bike the power will not be enough and the mod bug will kick in for the owners.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I had a brand new k7 1000 in today. Not even been run yet. So the customer and i peeled off all the pretective tape, stuck a battery in it and started it up.
The customer was insistent on a nice long steady break in period, so we gave it 10 minutes of winding the throttle up and down then fucking nailed it. This is what it made, bone stock.
The 3 curves relate to the chart at the top.
A and B map made same power but the throttle response when rolling on/off/on throttle and also cracking the throttle on B map was noticably softer. C map was just totally retarded and it was like it was towing a trailer. Certainly be good for the rain.

·
Registered
116 Posts
1bad10r said:
I had a brand new k7 1000 in today. Not even been run yet. So the customer and i peeled off all the pretective tape, stuck a battery in it and started it up.
The customer was insistent on a nice long steady break in period, so we gave it 10 minutes of winding the throttle up and down then fucking nailed it. This is what it made, bone stock.
A and B map made same power but the throttle response when rolling on/off/on throttle and also cracking the throttle on B map was noticably softer. C map was just totally retarded and it was like it was towing a trailer. Certainly be good for the rain.

Those number are crap!!

This bike will for sure be the strongest ever 1000's bike but no way 172.47 RWHP on a dyno that is calibrate correctly. Now unless these are uncorected HP and the temp happen to be freezing cold there is no way it's accurate.

172.47 X 1.12 to convert to flywheel horsepower = 193 bhp. The specs I seen from Suzuki for power said that it's anywhere from 184-186 bhp. This dyno is way off!!

I am sure that if you put your zx10r on a same dyno on the same day as a K7 we will be able to really compare and verifie that there is no way that k7 make over 10-15 rwhp more than a ZX10R stock for stock!

·
Registered
227 Posts
STEPH93LX said:
Those number are crap!!

This bike will for sure be the strongest ever 1000's bike but no way 172.47 RWHP on a dyno that is calibrate correctly. Now unless these are uncorected HP and the temp happen to be freezing cold there is no way it's accurate.

172.47 X 1.12 to convert to flywheel horsepower = 193 bhp. The specs I seen from Suzuki for power said that it's anywhere from 184-186 bhp. Your dyno is way off!!

Put your zx10r on the same dyno on the same day and now we will be able to really compare! There is no way that k7 make over 10-15 rwhp more than your bike stock!
You wait till I get mine done. It will be the first ZX10R with over 200BHP on here. Very small BHP mind :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
zapik said:
You wait till I get mine done. It will be the first ZX10R with over 200BHP on here. Very small BHP mind :)

Obviously when I said that the K7 will be the strongest ever 1000 machine I mean stock for stock!

And I don't included the very high $ bike and very limited 200+ BHP Ducati Desmosedici

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Run your 10 on that dyno so it will give us some kind of idea about the power difference!!:heyyou: :heyyou:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
NOT MY BIKE OR DYNO.......That is a post from another board.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
:weed: :weed:
1bad10r said:

:weed: :weed: :weed: Pass it over here... Got some Oregon swamp land for sale too...

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
zapik said:
What are you doing to your bike? Also I think there are quite a few guys on here that are in the upper 180s to low 190s on RWHP. Wouldn't that be over 200bhp? Within a month I hope to post up a dyno chart of upper 190's RWHP maybe break 200 if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
353 Posts
172 RWHP would not suprise me.According to sportrider the06 zx10 made 166RWHP. Doesn't maladin's bike make like 190RWHP? The technology is there the manufactures tough part now is meeting strict emissions and making power.It really is amazing how fast and powerful bikes are becoming.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
The graph that 1bad10r posted is a little meaningless without another bike to compare with....

But I find it pretty amazing that they can take about 45 hp out of the thing on the C setting. I would have never guessed that it could be that flexible. Gizmo of the future for all brands of sport bikes? Not sure how often I'd run the C setting, but cool to have in the rain.

Chris

1 - 20 of 29 Posts